☁ 23 ☁

the next day, jeno was determined to have a talk with renjun and sort things out.

the fact that him and jeno had feelings for the same person shouldn't separate them.

it's not because two people like someone that this someone likes them back.

maybe he likes one. maybe the other. and maybe none of them...

anyway, jeno was determined.

he had revised his speech a few times before falling asleep even though he knew he would be so stressed that he would completely mess up.

jeno, renjun and jaemin met up in front of the school first thing in the morning, as usual.

jeno could feel the tension hanging in the air because of renjun and him, but he didn't voice it out, because jaemin seemed unbothered by it.

he wasn't as bubbly as usual, but he still lifted up the mood a bit.

jeno and renjun accompanied him to his first class – they were still oblivious of the fact jaemin didn't actually have classes.

once jaemin entered the room – of which he would get out after a minute – jeno and renjun found themselves alone.

usually, they would walk together towards the closest classroom and then separate, but this morning wasn't a usual one.

as soon as jaemin disappeared from their sights, renjun's smile disappeared, being replaced by a scowl. and, as jeno was about to ask renjun a question, the chinese walked away, quicker than usual, completely ignoring jeno.

the korean followed renjun across the corridor and looked at him entering one of the art classrooms.

he stood behind the open door to have a glimpse of renjun.

"good morning."

"oh, good morning renjun. you're here early." the teacher smiled at him.

"i really wanted to paint."

"good to know." she smiled.

jeno stood still, watching renjun pick up a painting in progress and fix it on his easel.

he kept his eyes on the small chinese shuffling around every cupboard of the room.

"where are the pain tubes?" he asked to the teacher.

"oh, the hygiene services passed this week end and threw all the old tubes away. you have to get new ones in the art closet. you know where it is?"

renjun nodded.

"can you bring a few of them for your classmates please?"

"of course." renjun smiled before making his way out of the classroom.

when hearing that, jeno glued his back to the wall, wishing renjun wouldn't see him. and he didn't. renjun walked straight across the corridor, not glancing sideways, and this way, not noticing jeno. 

jeno followed renjun across the empty corridor – classes had already started, but jeno didn't give a damn about his classes, he would rather make up with renjun before going back there – but he made sure he was silent, not to grab the chinese's attention.

he followed him towards the last floor of the building and looked at him entering one of the janitor's closets of the corridor.

jeno approached the door that renjun had left open and glanced inside.