Moving Day

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

[name]'s hand was tightly grasped by another small one and he stared down at it sadly. The other person stared back at him equally disappointed.

"Do you have to move?" His best friend, Ito Haru asked him carefully as if repeatedly asking the same question would change the answer. [name] softly nodded in confirmation wishing it wasn't the case.

Today, [name] and his family was moving to Tokyo since it was closer to his dad's job. [name] hated every second of it. Born and raised in Shizuoka, he naturally preferred it over any other place. You'd think that as a small child, he'd be more enthusiastic about being in a new city and especially Tokyo but that wasn't the case at all. He much preferred being grounded to a familiar place with familiar faces.

Haru noticed how he was staring at the ground and waved his hand in front of his face to bring him back. [name] saw a wide smile emerge in front of his face, "Isn't this super cool, you get to live in Tokyo now!" He tried to uplift his mood but only made it worse, "At least I'm here for today!"

Haru pulled him around the house full of boxes. Boxes of [name]'s stuff. [name]'s new house.

They ran around in circles, hand in hand letting out squeals and giggles here and there. At the end they both went to slump on the sofa which was the only unpacked thing it seemed. [name] got a drink to calm down and sat down again to discuss what to do.

"This is super, super important. We gotta have fun the whole day cuz I'm here." Haru folded his arms and nodded in thought of what to do.

[name] fiddled with his short finger and muttered a quiet suggestion, "Volleyball?"

Haru caught onto it and narrowed his eyes in thought, "Hmmmm but this is Tokyo! There's so many more things to do than play volleyball," He made a faint face of disgust at the word volleyball which [name] playfully nudged him for.

"Oi shrimp let him choose this time," Another voice chimed in from the side. Haru's brother Hiroshi who was much much older than them. [name] didn't quite remember his exact age thinking of it to be between 18 or 20. He was too intimidated by his mean face to ask again. He was nice enough to [name], but [name] usually stuck to Haru.

"Fineeee," He grumbled a bit but brightened up looking at [name]'s hopeful face, "Let's go!" He declared.

"Now?" [name] exclaimed bewildered.

"'Kaa-san, can we go to the park?" He tugged on his mother's shirt.

To help with the moving and to say their final goodbye's, The Ito family had all come to Tokyo with the [surnames]. This gave [name] more time to spend with Haru which he liked very much.

"Hiroshi, take them somewhere, but don't go too far!" His mum ordered the oldest son and [name] stared with wide eyes as he came closer to them with an angry look on his face, muttering something under his breath.

Before [name] could say anything, Haru has swept him off his feet and they were running towards the park nearest to the house. Hiroshi shouted after them to slow down but Haru pulled him along with more force and [name] found himself laughing madly as he did. He really didn't want to leave Haru. Their old house wasn't too far from this new one and he could easily come over by train but it took some time and it just wasn't the same as how it used to be.