First Day at School

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

[name] wiped his hands over his shirt to smooth out any creases and he looked his reflection in the mirror. He was clad in his new elementary school uniform. His toes squirmed from inside his white socks and his knees shifted uncomfortably. His shirt was finally crease-less, his hair had been combed by his mother earlier and oh dear-

His eyes watered uncontrollably until tears were streaming down his face. He wiped them away so that they wouldn't soil his uniform. He took deep breaths, occasionally interrupted with hiccups and buried his face into a towel. A few minutes later, he re-emerged with red rimmed eyes.

His mother held out his school bag and upon seeing his appearance she pulled him into her arms. They stayed like that for a little bit before she pulled him to the kitchen counter where pancakes were laid out in front of him.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

His hand held tightly onto his mother's as she walked him to school. [name] looked down to the path and tried to avoid the lines on it. Caught up in his little game, he didn't notice how the school was right in front of him until he felt a tug on his had stop him from walking past.

The school itself wasn't too big and had bright coloured fences. They must have thought bright colours would make the children happier but they only hurt [name]'s eyes. He felt a small push at his back and walked forwards a bit before stopping and looking around again.

He was arriving later than the start of the school year so everyone was probably settled in and had groups they would stick to. If [name] was a bit more extroverted, he would try to weasel himself into one.

He was approached by a nice looking lady with lots of flower badges on her lanyard. She beckoned him towards her, seeing that he seemed uncomfortable with her too close. He followed after her blindly, turning back once to see his mother's face smiling at him in encouragement. Clenching his fists, [name] went forwards disappearing into the building.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

He walked into the classroom behind the flower badge lady. [name] could feel the stares of all the other children latch onto him and his breathing got heavier in response. He clutched the ends of his school shirt, crumpling it and wasting all his effort from this morning. He focused on a particular wrinkle on his shirt to prevent himself crying here. He couldn't cry in front of all these people.

The teacher saw him struggling to introduce himself and decided to do it for him.

"Everyone this is your new classmate, [surname][name]-kun! Please be nice to him," She told him to go sit on any vacant seat. His eyes set on one near the back of the classroom, in the corner and he darted towards it. Finally sitting down, he let out a deep breath and wiped away any stray tears that threatened to fall from his lashes.

He looked back up as the teacher clapped her hands and began to ask everyone how their weekends were.

The tables were arranged such that [name] had had his own desk but it was connected to one other person's. He glanced to the side to get a better look at who his desk buddy was but flinched as his anxious eyes met angry ones.

He brought his hands together on the table and tried to not pay any more attention to him after that.

It was a lonely lunch for [name]. But he expected this, after all, he himself had no intentions of talking to anyone so he anticipated  that everyone would do the same to him. It wasn't him being cold but he realised it might have seemed hat way as he walked out of the classroom to eat lunch, not sparing a glance to anyone. That was just his nervousness acting up and getting him far away from everyone. After he found out that the school was quite lenient on their breaks and lunches, he made his move.