Pretty Cool

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

[name] looked down at his pastel Nike shoes and then to Haru's flashing LED ones. He crept closer to him and clutched his arm in discomfort. They were being stared at by a bunch of really tall people who were older than them. He raised his line of sight a bit higher to Haru's face and saw him smiling at the big people. He wondered where Haru's boundless confidence came from.

He hoped it would rub onto him sometime soon.

One of the giants decided to cease the staring and walked to them and knelt down. [name] stepped back and clutched Haru's hand tighter.

"So who do we have here?" He spoke slowly and gently to not scare the children. Haru knew that [name] wouldn't say anything so he decided to talk to them on his behalf. "I already said my name though?" He spoke bluntly, not thinking about how he sounded. [name] gasped at the bold way he was speaking and nudged him slightly. Thankfully, the person wasn't affected and he gave a small chuckle before asking them if they were lost.

[name] nodded slightly but it was overshadowed by Haru disagreeing loudly, "No we're explorers!"

"We're just playing volleyball, nothing too much here," The kneeling boy told them. 

Haru turned to [name] after hearing the word 'volleyball'. [name] had sparkles in his eyes as he realised that there were a bunch of volleyballs scattered along the floor of the gym. "[name] likes volleyball too! Can we play with you?" Haru asked eagerly. [name]'s eyes widened and he looked up directly to Haru's face surprised and unsure.

"What about Hiroshi?" He whispered to him.

"Huh? I'm sure he's alright. Why?" Haru spoke back to him, a dumb look in his eyes.

[name] sighed softly before freezing up as he saw one of the boys come closer to him. He walked back as the older boy walked closer. It made a cute scene which caused some of the other boys to snicker.

The person walking to him smiled as he him match his steps but backwards. He stopped and smiled widely at him, "Do you want to watch us play?" He asked.

[name] looked up to his face in shock, finally making eye contact. He nodded slowly and looked back at Haru who gave him a small thumbs up.

The tall boys talked to the old man and they all seemed to come to an agreement. [name] looked up unsure of what was happening. "Sit on the bench here so you don't get hit," The old man gestured to him to sit next to him. Haru saw him hesitating and looped his arm around [name]'s to pull him to the bench.

They looped around all the tall boys and finally reached the bench. [name] looked around the gym to see what was happening and accidently made eye contact with a bunch of boys who also happened to be staring at them. He flushed lightly before looking down to his lap. He followed his right hand which was tightly grasped in Haru's grip and relaxed. He heard the smacking noise of the ball being hit.

He looked back up quickly and wide eyes followed the ball going to each side of the court. His eyes shined with fascination, never blinking in fear of missing part of the match. The players weren't looking at him anymore so he freely ran his eyes over each of them and carefully watched all their actions.