Bokuto's Time to Shine

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

^When I tell you I have spent absolutely hours staring at the gif^

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

The group entered the gym just like that and boy, were the team were not prepared for this. [name]'s head was still pressed into Kuroo's chest. The first to approach him was Lev who felt awkward with the silence around them.

"Heyyyyy [name]!" He shouted. Not seeing any reaction, he went closer and poked his back. Well, tried to. But he was warded off by Kuroo's threatening glare.

He deduced that there was something wrong with him. Usually, Kuroo's glare wouldn't be so...ferocious. And Kenma, he also shooed him off.

The team put him on the bench and gave him a volleyball to cheer him up when time came that they had to play. The sat and rolled the volleyball around on his lap, staring at only that.

Meanwhile, a certain owl boy had transitioned into his emo phase. After many sighs and annoyed tuts, he was sent off for a bit.

With his droopy hair in tow, he went to the same bench as the small boy. [name]'s eyes widened after hearing someone sit down but he didn't look up, assuming it was Kenma. But after he heard low grumbles, he realised it wasn't Kenma.

He looked to the side and gasped slightly seeing the downcast male next to him. [name] didn't like sad people. Not because they were sad but because he found it hard to console someone. Or generally say anything in the presence of a sad person. Sad people just had this aura around them that he didn't know how to respond to.

If it was someone like his mother, he would probably get away with just hugging them but not with this boy.

It was another tick in the list of things [name] should be able to do but couldn't do.

So he just sat there. Listening to the gentle whines of the big owl boy.

He, himself was feeling quite sad. He decided to shuffle closer to the owl and continue feeling bad from that position. 

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Bokuto had seen his small shuffle and was momentarily distracted. He peered from the corner of his eyes as [name] scooted closer and became excited. Did this mean [name] liked him?

Originally, he thought that [name] disliked him. He would always shy away from his figure and never look at him straight. There was also the fact that he flinched around him a lot (definitely not because he shouted) and he'd barely heard the little guy talk.

Bokuto wanted [name] to like him. A lot.

He liked [name], [name] was just so likeable. Even though there had never been a direct conversation between them. He knew [name] was fine with Akaashi. He saw [name] glancing at him a few times. So why couldn't [name] like him too? It was strange, kids usually liked him. He could confidently say that he was extremely popular with children but with [name] it was the opposite. [name] seemed to like him the least.

In fact, he probably focused on [name] more than he should. Whenever he saw [name] handing out volleyballs for the Nekoma members, we wished it was him receiving this treatment. In a way, [name] reminded him of a small cherub. He wondered what it would be like to be subjected to one of [name]'s smiles directly.