six, 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫

CONTENT WARNING: eating disorders

"How did first get into smoking?" he asked, his head leaned back in the seat as he just watched me. I wasn't sure if I should tell the truth to this stranger, but the odds are, I'll never see him again, and who is he going to go tell? All his famous friends who don't know me? I'll be fine.

"It was when I was 17-18," I looked back to my knee, "I struggled with body all through high school. My mom sent me to an elite private school, if that tells you anything... It was-uh a bad environment, for me, and if you haven't noticed I have social anxiety... I was anorexic for a long time, and-" I felt that I was giving him too many details so I cut it short, "when I first smoked it was fun, it made me feel good, and made me hungry. I went to rehab of course, but it was a good start. It also mellowed me out--and it was a nice tool in college ha." I tried to lighten it up, but my sob story always made me uncomfortable. Alas, I answered his questions as honest as I could.

"I'm proud of you." he responded making me look at him now confused. He was giving me soft pity eyes, it was annoying but expected.

"Thanks." I didn't know what his comment meant and I sure as hell didn't know how to respond.

"Can I ask another question?" he said shyly. I turned my head to him again and didn't even notice I had a small smile from the way he said that. I nodded my head for him to go, "why'd you choose New York?"

"Why not, it's amazing here! I had romanticized this place for a long time; obviously it's not as perfect as I thought, but it's nice. I don't know where I should go next, but that's what I love about this job, I can travel or stay put." I smiled happily reflecting on my life now.

"I feel, I could move to LA, you know for acting, but I love this place so much. Plus my family is here." he said agreeing with me.

"You think you'll ever leave?" I couldn't help but to pry about this man's life.

"I want to, but not yet." he shrugged, "have you--uh seen my movies?" he asked, this time fumbling with his words getting nervous. It was honestly so cute seeing someone like him be so nervous.

"Only a few, obviously Call Me By Your Name, Lady Bird, Interstellar, and the one where you're a drug dealer." I smiled at the irony.

"Ha, yeah you're basically a drug dealer." he laughed with me.

"I guess." I laughed harder with his comment. I was curious about his questions but maybe he wanted to see if I was some crazed fan. I don't know why, but I felt the need to explain myself, "I also have a Youtube channel, I know cringe please don't say anything, but I was recommended your movies one time and watched them."

"You have a Youtube channel," yeah knew he would stick with that one, "that's so funny I have to look you up." he pulled out his phone quickly.

"No please." I whined and covered my face. I heard my intro over his phone and then my voice. "Oh God!" I leaned my head to the side of the window with my face still covered.

"No no no this is so fun!" he laughed and didn't bother turning off the video.

"I hate this." I said regretting even telling him.

"Did you film anything tonight?" he asked. I heard my voice stop coming out of his phone and knew I was in the clear. I uncovered my face and turned to him.

"No way I can't embarrass myself like that." he had a playful look on his face so I answered just as light heartedly. We laughed together for a few seconds and when that died down, there was an uncomfortable silence. Maybe it was just for me, but we were looking at each other; of course my awkward ass looks away.

"I was-uh-just wondering since you didn't ask me for-mm-a picture." he fumbled through his sentence once more and it made my heart melt. He was offended I didn't ask for a picture with him!

"I was star struck by Kid Cudi, I'm sorry." I apologized to him with a smile and his face lit up again.

"I understand that one." he laughed in agreement. I pulled out my phone and swiped it to the camera.

"Hey are you Timothée Chalamet? Oh my God can I get a picture?" I said in a fake tone which made him laugh more.

"Of course." he said and grabbed the phone from me and took a few selfies of us. I looked through them when he handed them back and I looked quite literally like a mess. My makeup was slowly coming off from having it on all day, and I looked tired. Timothée on the other hand looked so perfect. I guess he's made for the camera, whatever.

We talked some more and then around 3am I told him I probably had to be up early for another day of work and an interview. He understood, and put in the directions to his place. It was in a nice part of New York, to no surprise. I pulled around to the front of the building and we looked at each other awkwardly not knowing how to say goodbye.

"Thanks, I had fun, and love the place." he said.

"Thank you, it was really cool getting to talk with you and meet you." I said casually.

"Same here, bye Magnolia." he smiled one last time at me then got out of my car into his apartment building.

I looked forward to my steering wheel biting the inside of my cheek to keep me from smiling too hard. This was the weirdest day ever, and I just had a cool night with Timothée fucking Chalamet. As I drove off I debated making a story time youtube video, but the off chance of Timothée watching it, and hearing me gush over him far out weighs the interesting story.

Tonight was just for me and him to know.