fourteen, 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

The day was going by slow as I awaited that call from Timothée. I wasn't nervous that he wouldn't call, I was excited to speak to him again. Being around him felt so addicting. Alas, I found myself doing the same thing I did every day--run my shop. Which is fun, I love it here, it has become my favorite distraction.

Simone also found the excuse to come in today with me hoping she would see Mia. I thought that pairing was cute, and from the sound of it the two really like each other. I pulled out my pencil bag and there I saw the paper slip with that boys number on it from the other day.

"Oh I forgot about this." I said out loud softly. I pulled out my phone and typed the numbers into my phone shooting Connor a text.

"What?" Simone asked but she was on her computer and I could tell she wasn't interested with what was going on with me. I didn't answer her and she didn't pry.

----

Connor!

Hey Connor this is Magnolia!
sorry for the late text

Hey! You're fine, how was
hanging out with Timothee
Chalamet?

omg what?

he was at your place

yeah lol he's cool

lucky! i love his movies

me too :)

----

we texted for a while realizing we have a lot in common that maybe neither of us expected. I'm happy I found a new friend.

"Why are you smiling? Texting Timothée?" Simone asked me.

"No, actually, a new friend by the name of Connor Wes." I said knowing Simone would catch on, since we had the same music taste.

"Oh shit, what's with you attracting famous people?"

"He's a friend." I rolled my eyes at her.

"I bet." she mimicked me. It made me think harder about my natural suspicions about people, and maybe she had a point. There was a chance he could want more and I didn't want to be oblivious about it. My phone pinged and it was another message from Connor. My eyes widened as it was a text asking me to get lunch with him.

"Can I ask a huge favor?" I already pleaded with Simone.

"Girl, mmm, what's up." she sighed.

"He asked me to get lunch, can you come? It could be whatever place, I'll pay, just be there so we could all be friends." I did my best to convince her to come help me out.

"Magnolia, you are a grown woman. If you don't want more with a man let him know." she scolded.

"I will, but it'd be nice to have you. Come on--we could get your favorite pizza." I did my best to be convincing but she wasn't having it. She turned her head then in the same second, she sat up straight and flipped her hair to one side. I looked up when I saw Mia walk over immediately looking back at Simone and giving her a smirk.

"Hey Simone," Mia was looking at her longer than she would normally to a person, "Hey Magnolia, just wanted to see if you two need anything." she smiled at me with her excuse, really I knew she came to see Simone. I don't mind, I think it's very cute.

We had a small awkward exchange until Mia and Simone started talking a little more. I excused myself from the table and went to grab a snack. My phone started buzzing in my pocked making my stomach drop. I quickly grabbed it and made an audible squeal when I saw Timothée Chalamet on the caller I.D.