Chapter 1- Ash

Hope you enjoy this story. It was fun writing it, & I know I'm not the best at writing, but I hope you like it :)
Also, warning, this story is what I would rate as PG. It has some cussing, dark themes occasionally & stuff like that. It is generally pretty adorable, just be aware of that.
Growing up, I never thought I was different. Not in the way most people do. I thought I was just like everyone else, all the other pups out there. Until the day my dad kicked me out. But let me back up a little bit.
Since as long as I could remember, even going back to my earliest memories as a pup, I've lived in that secluded forest in Minnesota I called home. Came from a large family, you could say. Mom & dad, & 3 other siblings. But that was small compared to most werewolf packs, we should have had 2 more. But who am I to complain for having 2 less mouths to feed?
I had 2 sisters & a brother. Have. Fuck, I forget that sometimes. It doesn't feel like we're connected anymore...
& we did everything together. Which only comes naturally considering we are from the same litter. I never thought I was any different...
I was slightly older than the rest, with Juniper coming up 2nd, then Sky & Huckleberry.
Why the nature-y names, you ask? To explain it simply, we lived in a forest, & growing up around trees & bushes, there wasn't a whole lot else to look at, so I guess that's what we're called...
We stayed in the den together, we hunted together, everything, & it was great... Until it was time to venture off on our own.
My dad had told me I was ready, just as the other pups were. He'd seen in me potential, trusting in me, said I could do great things. Only I didn't believe him. Felt something in my gut telling me to stay, but I knew he'd be disappointed.
Dad assured me that for now it'd just be venturing out, then coming back to the rendezvous by dark. Scouting territory, patrolling, looking for food, potential mates (ewww, Dad!), the like.
I squirmed a bit at that, though I was 18 now. Not a child anymore. I should be ready, like most pups my age, to look for a mate. Unlike Juny, who wouldn't stop jabbering about what hers would be like, "They'll hunt with me & protect me, &-". Whatever, that wasn't my cup of tea. That's normal, right?
Dad raised an eyebrow, turning to me, gently, though with a certain urgent nature. "You know you'll have to find a mate here soon, Ash, right? By the time you fully leave. You should start looking now, son, so you can find a good girl for ya, eh?" He elbowed me & grinned, trying to ease the mood, but I only nodded & faked a smile, not fully feeling it.
I just couldn't shake the feeling that something... wasn't right. I just didn't know what.
Hope you liked the 1st chapter :). I know it's not super great, but just hang in there. It gets better, trust me. Anyway, that's all for now. Byeeeeeee :3