Chapter 11- Linh

Me and Aunt Châu were sitting in the living room, watching a meaningless TV program to distract from our main stress at the moment, when we heard whimpering coming from the guest room.

We hurried there to check on the poor pooch, me in the lead, which didn't even make sense. Auntie Châu was the doctor, not me. So why did I feel like I had to be there?

The poor pupper was in pain, that much was clear. He appeared to be having some sort of trauma related shock as well, which I can't blame him. If I got shot, I'd probably feel the same way.

Aunt Châu rushed into action, checking his vitals & giving him pain meds as I just stood back, being completely useless (per usual).

Once she was done, she told me that he'd be ok, the pain meds would set in soon, & to call her if there was anything he needed, medically. But other than that, he should be fine.

With that, she hesitantly left me alone. Likely to recharge after that stressful situation & allow me to have 1 on 1 time with the pooch to help gain his trust & soothe him.

At the moment, he was just kinda... looking at me. Which, I guess, makes sense? He didn't know me, so, yeah...

I reached a tentative hand in his direction & he whimpered & flinched away.

I frowned, saddened by his emotional state. "No..." I whispered calmly. "You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not going to hurt you. Me and my aunt... we helped you. We got your bullets out."

His eyes widened slightly, as though he understood me, which would be crazy, & he tilted his head a bit to the side, his snout a bit more forward.

"& we aren't going to leave you." I gently moved my hand forward to lightly tap his snout & test the waters. He looked surprised, but allowed it. "Not until you're better, pupper." I tentatively reached up & scratched his ears, & he seemed actually okay with that, though a bit confused.

We remained quiet for a bit (ha, I say "we" as if he could talk too, haha), & he seemed okay with that. He rested his head back on the blankets, letting his guard down, & closed his eyes again.

He looked so sad, I just... "Awww..." I moaned/whined, feeling so bad for him. His head peeked up at me & stared, as if to say, "What was that for?" I blinked at him, & answered, wondering what kind of crazy person I was turning into that I was talking to a dog now. "It's just... You look so sad, & I feel so bad for you... I know it doesn't help to say this, but I'm sorry you were shot. Whatever asshole did that to you deserves prison time, that's for sure." I smiled a bit.

He tilted his head a bit to the side again, then booped my hand with the edge of his nose. I laughed a little, though a bit nervously, coming back down from the anxiety wave that is a life threatening crisis.

"Thanks." I smiled & scratched behind his ears again, my hand petting his back as well, though a bit tentatively. Abused dogs were quite unpredictable, after all.

He allowed the pet & even laid back down, as though to say, "I don't really care now." I laughed a little, & pet his head one last time before leaving him to sleep again. After all, rest does equal recuperation.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I don't really have that much to say this time so... I'll just go now... Bye! :D