Chapter 37- Ash

Trigger warning: there is some tension & some anxiety from Ash. Nothing excessive, just the normal amount given the situation...

After Linh left for school, I still felt sad... & uneasy... It wasn't until, about an hour later, that I got a call that confirmed my worst nightmares.

At that point, both the Aunties were already gone at work, & I was left to my own devices. I was trying to calm my slight anxiety about Linh's day by watching 1 of our favorite cooking shows, when I heard my phone ring from the other end of the couch.

I jumped, a bit startled at 1st, & answered it on the 1st ring.

"Ash?" I heard my Uncle Elm's voice on the other end of the line, & it scared me. It was hoarse & tense.

"What?" I gasped into the phone, heart rate spiking.

"Come to rendezvous near your dad's place ASAP. Something's happened to Linh..."

The Aunties & Linh had already taken the cars when they left, so the only way I could make it to rendezvous was by running. & I did. As fast as I could.

As soon as I hit the forest, I turned wolf, making it to rendezvous in about 15 minutes, coming to a halt panting.

The rest of my family was there, including my extended family, minus 2 of my cousins.

I take a few deep breaths before speaking. "What- happened?"

Elm looked on, eyebrows knit in concern. "I'm so sorry, Ash. But your friend... he's been kidnapped..."

It was at that point, that I heard nothing else except the sound of the ground rushing up to meet me as my knees gave out.

Trigger warning for the next pt- obviously Ash is very upset about losing Linh (bc they were close <3)

I came back to consciousness sobbing. I didn't know how I had ended up that way, & in that moment, I had no dignity, nor did I care.

The only thing I cared about was getting Linh back.

I heard a soft hush & I opened my eyes. My sister Juny sat besides me in the grass, looking down at me, her brow furrowed in concern as she soothed my back with gentle pats.

"You doin' ok?" She asked gently, eyes never leaving mine. It was at that point that I realized the rest of my family stood, & crouched, around me, eyes all on me.

I sat up reluctantly, taking the scene in. "Not really... I mean... My best friend... is gone... & it's all because of me..."

My mom stepped forward, her arms coming around me. "Don't say that, dear. You couldn't have known." Her voice changed suddenly, taking on a steely tone, teeth bared. "But we're going to get him back. We just need a plan."

It was at that point, that we came up with our master plan. It wasn't guaranteed to work, but it sure as hell was as close to perfect as we were going to get on such short notice.

"Ok," My dad summarized. "Ash- you'll approach the house from the front. 'Pita's got the location." She nodded in my direction, giving me a fake salute. "The rest of us will follow behind, but discreetly. We want them to think that you came alone. We'll enter as quietly as possible & take them each out discreetly. The element of surprise will be to our advantage."

Elm looks up from his phone. "I know a guy who can get us military grade bullet-proof vests, batons & shields."

My dad nods in his direction. "Yeah, get those. That'll certainly help. Can you get 'em in the next 2 hrs? I'd like to roll out ASAP."

Elm looks up again. "Yup. Can have it ready by then."

My dad nods again. "Alright. We'll head out then."

Final battle comin' up! You guys ready? Things are about to go down. Well, see ya later, guys... Byeeeeeee :3