Chapter 43- Linh

That night, when Auntie Châu returned, we celebrated. Our victory in battle. My return. & though I had endured a lot today, I found myself smiling.

Auntie Joy baked a cake & we had a delicious dinner of spaghetti & meatballs, enough for everyone. It was like it was someone's birthday or something.

& although the Scarred Man & some of his friends were still left out there, we celebrated. Being alive.

That night, after all the food, & chatting, most of us went to bed, though we'd take turns, 2 at a time, keeping watch to make sure no 1 disturbed the peace.

There weren't enough bedrooms for all of us. There were 17 of us, after all (mainly Ash's large family, lol). It took a while to figure everything out regarding where we'd stay. I mean, we managed to work it out, but it did take some time... But it did help that the Aunties had a blow-up mattress, some sleeping bags, we could pull out the couch... It took a lot of maneuvering. But it worked.

1 of the perks of the arrangement was that I slept with Ash, which was amazing. Just snuggled up against each other in our pj's, nice & warm in each other's arms... It was bliss...

A bit awkward initially because there were other people sharing the room... But then I realized everyone had already seen us kiss, so it couldn't really be that embarrassing anymore...

I gently pull Ash's head closer to my chest, & he mumbles in his sleep, his left hand lightly gripping my shirt. I smile, hand tenderly brushing back his hair from his face before closing my eyes. I can't remember a time I've ever been so... happy.

Pretty soon we'd have to face the Scarred Man & his friends, but at least... we'd always have each other.

That's the end of this bk... Which is both great & terrible. Great bc I finally finished a bk, lol. I'm really bad at finishing any of my story ideas :D. Terrible bc that's the end :(((.

But yeah... What do you guys think? I love feedback (no matter if it's terrible or not, lol :D). Was this bk ok? Was the romantic pacing ok? Who should the main character for the next bk be? 1 of Ash's siblings? 1 of his cousins? Who? I'm thinking it could be from someone else on the LGBT spectrum's POV, but idk who yet... I'm very indecisive... Who do you want a POV from? You could just say who on the LGBT spectrum you want represented, lol. You probs don't remember the character's name, but I have 1 for each pt of the spectrum. So who would that be? Bi, trans, etc. Who? I'll literally take any suggestions, lol, bc I'm completely clueless :D

But anyways... Byeeeeeeee :D