Chapter 19- Ash

In the half hour leading up to Aunt Joy coming home, I couldn't help overthinking what I should do about the whole situation. Do I stay in my wolf form & pretend that nothing happened & tell them both later at the same time, or... Come clean, have to do it several times & face possible rejection?

After Linh walked away (adorably, as always), I kinda hesitated to bother him again, seeing as we had ended our previous conversation 10 minutes ago, but I really had to know what he thought for some reason. Probably because it was his life & his aunts, so he should ultimately be the one to make the decision, not me...

I nervously walked up to his door & knocked hesitantly. I heard a pause before he answered, opening his door & trying to lean on the frame, almost tripping over his own foot in the process. I stifled a laugh.

"Uh..." I began. "I was just wondering if you want me to tell your aunts or not...?"

His eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Yeah, that's fine. I already told you they'd be cool with it."

I shook my head. "No. Do you want me to tell them? Like, stay in my wolf form, human form, what are we doing here... & if you want me to tell, today...? Or when, whenever's cool..." I scratched my head nervously & he smiled slightly.

"It..." He trailed off. "Might be better if we wait til both of them are home...? Just so we don't have to explain it twice...?" He smiled uncertainly, looking away, then back down at me, his hair moving forward a little, into his face.

"Uh..." I stuttered, looking back at the ground, then up at him. "Sure. That's... fine. Might be a little weird pretending to be a dog for a few hours before we tell them, but that's fine..." I laughed nervously & started walking away.

He laughed a little. "Yeah... Especially having to eat dog food... I can't believe we didn't figure out you weren't a dog sooner! You'd think a wolf'd look significantly different than a husky..."

I laughed a little, scratching the back of my head nervously. "Yeah, well, you did say you weren't animal experts..."

He chuckled, a genuine smile lighting up his face. "True..."

I put my hands in my pockets, getting a bit serious now. "I do hope they let me stay though..." I started walking around the hallway, slowly, eyes trailing on the ground.

"I'm sure they will." He beamed, though a bit uncertainly. "They are the most caring people I know, & if it weren't for them... I don't know what I'd do... They'd probably be a bit shocked about the werewolf thing, but they'd still let you stay, if you explain to them that you have nowhere to go."

I nodded, smiling slightly, though not entirely relieved. "Yeah..."

Linh's eyebrows furrowed a little & his eyes softened slightly. "Hey, trust me. They are the best aunties out there. They supported me all through high school. It sure as hell wasn't easy, but having them made me realize... That I could have a future & be gay. Even if I had very strict parents who I wasn't sure how they'd take it. I had them. & I think- as long as they know that you aren't going to hurt us, which I'm assuming you're not?" I nodded vigorously, my eyes never leaving his face. "Good. Then I don't think they'll mind." He crossed his arms & nodded certainly.

I held my arms to my chest insecurely. "If you say so..."

"Hey." He looked pointedly at me, his hand extended in my direction. "Trust me on this, ok? I know what I'm talking about... When it comes to this, but still..." His eyes drifted away, before looking back at me.

"Okay." I nodded hesitantly, not breaking eye contact.

We looked at each other for several seconds before looking away, & I felt my face heat slightly.

At that moment, the doorbell rang, & we both jumped slightly.

"That's- she's here a little early. Um-" Linh looked at me then looked away nervously. "Transform now, &, uh, I'll get the door. Do you need a certain amount of time for that, & should I look away, or...?"

"No." I waved a hand in his direction, cracking a bit of a smile. "You're good."

I transformed in an instant, human shifting to wolf, Linh frozen, watching the whole process in amazement? I don't know.

He snapped out of the haze in a moment & then went to answer the door.

Hope this chapter was ok :D. Idk, feel free to tell me what you guys think. Feedback is always accepted. Anyways, in case it weren't clear (bc I'm not the best writer, lol :D), Aunt Châu & Aunt Joy are married, they aren't aunts from 2 different pts of the family, or something. Aunt Châu's the 1 that's related to Linh (Linh's dad's sister). & Aunt Joy is married to Châu. In case that were unclear :D

But, yeah, I don't have a chapter from Joy's POV in this book, so I thought maybe I'd show you what she looks like? If that's ok? I could do that for other characters too that haven't been shown yet too... But I'd probs have to space it out so that it wasn't like, 50 pgs of just pictures, lol :D

Anyways, here's what Joy looks like. You've already seen what Châu looks like from her POV chapter earlier, so here ya go. Joy:

So, anyways, sorry for rambling, & I'll see you guys later

So, anyways, sorry for rambling, & I'll see you guys later. Bye! :D