Chapter 15- Linh

I came back from my run just as Aunt Châu left. She had work to get to, so I guess I'd have to watch the pupper all by myself until Aunt Joy got home in the afternoon.

Speaking of which, I better go check on him.

I came into the guest room to find him not laying on the bed like I'd expected, but on the floor, legs straining to get up.

I gasped, rushing forward & trying to put him back on the bed, but he was surprisingly heavy for a dog, but still appeared to be very skinny, which didn't even make sense. I guess he was a long pupper.

I hefted him up, using my arms the best I could, but as soon as I tried to put him on the bed, he whimpered again.

I set him down there for a second, looking at him. "Why are you whining, boy? Are you hungry? Do you need more pain meds? Something to drink?" He just laid there, kinda sad. "Aw." I scratched behind his ears. "Are you lonely?" He looked up at me for a second, lifting his head slightly. I picked him up, straining a bit before carrying him to the living room & setting him on the couch. "There. Is that better?" I looked down at him & he laid his head forward, his eyes staying on me. I sat next to him. "It's ok," I soothed, hand touching the top of his head, smoothing down the fur there, down to his back. He closed his eyes & went back to sleep, content to just let me pet him.

Hope this chapter was ok for you guys. It's getting (I'd like to think) more wholesome over time, I hope. This chapter is kinda bittersweet. Ash's injured, but he has Linh to comfort him :3. Anyway, I'll see you guys later. Bye! :D