Chapter 14- Ash

I woke up feeling sore & slightly in pain, but I think the pain meds worked pretty well. Ugh. I feel so useless. Maybe if I try to get up. Ow. Bad idea, but I gotta try.

I start by lifting my head up, & that works well enough. I push my head up & my legs forward as best I can, & eventually, after a lot of struggling, manage to fall off the bed.

A whimper escapes me & I hate myself for it. If I want to get out of here, I have to be quiet.

Sure, I think the guy & his aunt are very nice, & I do kinda trust them. But. I don't want to be a burden. I could put them in danger just by being here. Either by Adair coming for revenge or my family mistaking them for enemies who were the ones who hurt me. Not that my family was ever coming back. After the way I treated them. I really should have listened.

Maybe I would be happy if I had listened.

At the moment, the door opened slightly.

"Oh." The lady stepped in. "I thought I heard something. What are you doing on the floor?" She clicked her tongue & I whimpered again, meaning to growl, but still being a little in pain.

I begrudgingly let her lift me, though I didn't really have much choice in the matter. She placed me on the bed tentatively, struggling a bit against my weight. She glanced at her wrist watch.

"I have to go to work," She whispered calmly, as though saying anything in a calm tone would make everything better. "But Linh will be back soon, & Joy only works mornings, so you won't be alone. I'll be back by this evening, but it'll be ok. Just rest, & don't strain yourself too much. Bye, boy." She reached slowly up & scratched my ears before hesitantly leaving, leaving the door ajar slightly as she went.

I whimpered slightly as she went, but knew there was nothing I could do to stop her. I couldn't talk in this form, & with my injuries, I wouldn't be able to transform until I was mostly healed, however long that would take. I guess I'd have to just go along with what they said. But that didn't mean I had to like it. If I could resist, I would. I would get out of here & back to my family. If they'd have me.

I hope you guys liked this chapter :3. I don't really have anything else to say, but I'll see you guys later. Bye! :D