Chapter 40- Lake

Trigger warning- implied violence & tension

In the end, we didn't manage to get all of the bad guys. We managed to bag the really short guy & his large friend, getting them arrested. But the other 3 escaped, though barely. Which unsettled me... But I was glad we all made it out alive... & saved Ash's friend.

We all reconvened back at Ash's friend's house, at which point 1 of his Aunts (?) had returned, & nearly fainted at the state that Linh (?) was in. Which, I didn't blame her.

The poor kid had a bloodied lip, a black eye & plenty of bruises, but luckily nothing was broken. That would've taken much longer to heal. Poor Ash wouldn't let the unconscious guy go. Just cradled him to his chest on the couch & soothed Linh's hair down every once in a while, his eyes uneasy & hands shaky.

We all agreed to stay the night, & as long as it would take for Linh to get better & the rest of those fuckers to get put behind bars, like they deserved. & I was all for it. I wasn't gonna let my family get in danger once again. Not after all we'd been through. I just hope... That everything turns out ok...

Sorry this chapter was so short... I got another POV change coming, so that's why it's so short... Sorry :/