Chapter 3 Yellow lehengha

"I gave away a small smile and that's when it struck me that I was openly checking him out, I felt embarrassed

"I gave away a small smile and that's when it struck me that I was openly checking him out, I felt embarrassed. one of the gentlemen complimented about our performance and congratulated Nisha on her engagement and left the Avenue. It's like an awestruck moment. I smiled to myself and we soon made our way to the lunch buffet and had our fun. I haven't thought about those golden-brown eyes again."

*****************************************

I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door and I mumbled 'come in'

 I was busy with some paperwork that needs to be signed by my elder brother Harish. Even though I don't need to do his work but anything which keeps me busy is fine. Someone cleared their throat beside me and I looked up to see who it is and it's none other than my younger brother Tarun.

"What?" I asked him without any emotion and he just stood there with his hands in his pocket.

" Well, Good morning to you too brother." Tarun smiled mischievously and that's not good because that indicates he's up to something. 

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" I questioned him.

" Mom, Madhu Anni (means Sister in law), and Tarika are out shopping and won't return until evening." He said but I think there is more to this story and raised my eyebrows to continue and he cleared his throat.

" We need to attend our business partners Ranjith's daughter's engagement and Dad said we need to be there. So get ready soon and if you need to object to anything speak to dad. I'm not involved in this plan. So you better get ready." He said and ran out of my room.

I groaned and made my way down to the lawn. My dad and brother were enjoying their Sunday morning.

" Dad I can't come to the engagement party. You know I have lots of work to do and on top of it's Sunday! I need my rest. You guys can leave without me." I said to him making my words clear that I am not interested. As a matter of fact, I know what's his intention are.

" Have I given a choice for you? Be ready and it's time that you need to move on. I know that you knew what's my motive for dragging you over there. You are meeting one of my friend's daughters and get to know her. I am not forcing anything just give it a try. I hope you like her. She will be perfect for you in everything." My dad said to me.