Chapter 5 Friends

"I made my way to our cabin and started to prepare for today's interview and some paperwork

"I made my way to our cabin and started to prepare for today's interview and some paperwork. Once I had done I went to my Manager and gave away my leave form. She just smiled and asked, " What's so special on Friday?" I sighed and explained the reason. She just laughed at me and said all the best. I don't know what's so funny. But soon it was Friday. Today is the day I need to face my father's friend's family."

*****************************************

Today is the day I need to face my father's friend's family

Am I ready? Hell no! I am just dying inside out. God, I need to clear my mind otherwise I would go crazy. With that I took a long hot shower and this is exactly what I need. I remember that they will be joining us for lunch and its already 11!

Mom and chithi are busy cooking while my sisters help them. My father and his brother are making sure everything is in right place. 

And me? My job is just to relax and get ready. You know just great! I came out of the shower and wrapped myself in a big fluffy towel.

I did my routine and was about to wear my dress but then I thought that makeup will be good to while away the time. Sure it kept me busy and decided to wear salwar instead of saree. 

I said to my father that I can't wear a 'Saree'. It's just a meeting so why not wear comfortable clothes and have a relaxed conversation. God, Why am I feeling like I am about to be interviewed for that house daughter in law position?

But whatever I was thinking just gone out of the window. I heard a car park in front of our house. It's just 11:30 am! What the hell they are early! My mom knocked on my door and asked me to come down.

I still haven't done my hair. 'Oh God please help me!'

I groaned and pulled my dress out and then wore it in a record time and got done with my appearance. I stood in front of my mirror and adjusted my hair. I guess I look presentable enough. Get a grip, deep breaths! I chanted to myself.

After having some motivational speech to myself, I got down the stairs and there they were standing in the  center of our living room. My eyes locked with dad and he gave me his warm smile.