Ash's Childhood

Pallet Town, a quaint little town situated in the southern part of Kanto was a peaceful little place.

This was the home of the Kanto regional professor Samuel Oak. This town was not much of an attraction, just a normal, quiet, quaint, but peaceful town where new trainers begin their adventures after getting their starters from Professor Oak.

The sun was just rising above the hills and the first rays of sunlight just struck the earth. In a house, upper floor bedroom, on the bed there laid a little boy snoring softly, sleeping peacefully...

...But not for long.

"WAKEEEE UPPPP ASHYYYYYYY!! BREAKFAST IS READY!!", Yelled a high pitched feminine voice...Ash jolted awake on bed...wait! Scratch that! He fell down from the bed by the sheer loudness of the voice...

"Uhhhhh" The 6 year old spiky black haired boy groaned as he rubbed his head which hurt from falling down the bed...

Oh mummy, can you be any louder? The boy thought to himself. His mum was almost noble prized for having the BEST pair of lungs and voice box on the planet...almost.

The boy stretched his arms and legs and got down the stairs after brushing and doing his morning routine.

He dressed up in his usual attire of a blue jacket over a white shirt with black pants and went into the dining room.

"Good morning mum" Ash greeted his mother. Delia smiled, "Morning Ashy!"

"So Ashy do you know what day it is?" Delia asked. Ash shrugged, "Maybe...Ahh yes. Today is the day we visit Professor Oak's laboratory and his pokemon"

Delia smiled, "Yup! Are you excited? You will be visiting my workplace with your classmates!"

Ash smiled back...it was one of his rare smiles...he was a quiet boy, if a little cold and reserved. After his dad abandoned his little family of himself and his mother, it was like he forgot to smile...He completely immersed himself in his studies on pokemon to learn everything he can before beginning his pokemon journey at the age of 13. He wanted to learn everything before be hit the age of 13. To become the greatest there ever was. To even surpass his father. To show him how wrong he was to leave them.

And that's why Ash was kind of an...outcast among his classmates because he was not the most sociable person around. Ash would prefer to stay at home and study on pokemon habitats rather than go play in the park...like normal children his age are supposed to. But Ash was not normal. He was ANYTHING but NORMAL!

His deepest, darkest secret...not even his own mother knew. He could speak with pokemon. Yes, he discovered this ability 2 years ago when a Ratata stole his lunch.

Since then, he told NO ONE! Of this. NO ONE!

Ash would spend more time playing and hanging with the native pokemon near Pallet Town rather than his peers. That's why his classmates avoided him. But still, Ash had friends...well only one friend. Her name was Leaf Green. She was a pretty little girl of 6 just like him...While Ash was cold, reserved and smart she was his exact polar opposite. Outgoing, a little stupid and...a loudmouth. Man...why do both of my closest people have such pair of lungs?...He sometimes wondered. But anyway, Leaf was a very cheery girl. She was Ash's only and best friend. But...unknown to Ash...the girl had a...thing...for him. Since the beginning.

Leaf liked Ash because of his ability to blend in with Pokemon. At the academy they went to together Ash was one of the smartest person around...But for some weird reason he kept it secret. Only Leaf knew.

So that's most of his school life...Oh WAIT! There was another thing. Ash was the target of a bunch of bullies led by Professor Oak's grandson, Gary Oak...But the bullies never succeeded. Ash could communicate with Pokemon so whenever Gary tried to bully him any wild pokemon near Ash would come to his help.