Chapter 1

Mary was tugging on my arm. "Please! It'll be fun! For me!" I groaned. "Mary, why are you asking me this day? The other days, you go alone, or someone goes with you. So go alone." I said. "No! Please! For me! I am your best friend and You ow me one!" she said holding my arm and looking at me. I was pulling my arm away from her grip, but she has a hard grip. "What! No I don't! You ow me a lot!" I said looking at her. "Oh come on! Why don't you watch it?" she asked. "You know why! I don't get it, and why would I want to see a swimming competition." I questioned her. "Please Stef! I never miss a game!" She pleaded. "Then go alone." I said. There were people walking around us, going in the room for the swimming game. Others were leaving. Man I wish I can leave!

"No! Not today! Please just come with me this day! And then you don't have to! Please! You know I'm Danny's good luck charm!"She pleaded. I groaned louder. I thought about this. She said only this one time. "fine." I said crunching up my hair. She squealed and pulled my arm to the room. I was walking towards the bleachers, when Mary pulled my arm. "What, Mars, I thought we were go to sit..." I motioned to the bleachers. "Yeah, but before they start, I always go see Danny!" I groaned and she lead me to Danny.

"Danny!!" she screamed.

"Mars!" Daniel opened up his arms. She ran to him and hug him. I walked over. There were lots of guys changing in here... Odd having 2 girls here. Well, one single and one not. For the record I'm the single one. They kissed. "Oh, you dragged Steffani here. That's a first. How'd she do it?" he asked me, chuckling. "She wouldn't stop begging. And this is the only time you'll see me here. I'm not coming back to watch this anymore." I told him. A lot of guys were looking at me.

"Hey, Dan, we gotta go out there in--" A guy ran up to Daniel, and then looked up at Mary. "Hey Mary," He said. Mary nodded and waved. He looked at me. "And..." He said waiting for me to finish his sentence for him. "Someone who doesn't want to be here." I finished for him. He chuckled. He had a lot of tattoos, at a young age. We were all in 11th grade, we were mostly all 17. And he also had facial hair. I always wanted a small tattoo though. He must of saw me starring. "Yeah, I have a lot of tattoos." he said chuckling. "Doesn't that hurt?" Mary asked. He shook his head. "I'm used to them." he said. He looked at me. He had sparkling hazel eyes. "Now, Someone Who Doesn't Want To be Here, I'm guessing you're watching this game. I haven't seen you here, so I guess this is your first game. And since you're friends with Mary and Daniel, you're gonna have fun here." he laughed.

"Swimming will start in a few minutes. All swimmers please come outside." A dude said from a loudspeaker. Danny hugged Mary, and patted the guy's back. "Bye!" Mary said. I looked at her.

* * * *

Mary squealed. "What." I looked at her, annoyed. "Danny is swimming next!"

"On your marks, get set, go!" Daniel was swimming right next to the other guy. I'm gonna call him tattoo guy, since he has a name for me...

Mary squealed again. I groaned. "Danny won first place! And Philip won 3!! Yay!" Whose Philip? "Come on!" Mary pulled my hand and we ran to where we met Daniel before.

Everyone was cheering when we got in. Mary saw Daniel in the sky being raised my his friends. Daniel saw her, and told them to drop him. He ran up to her and hugged her. I was annoyed with all the cheering, I didn't even get what just happened. He swam the fastest... Woohoo... I think Mary barely knows how this sport works, she's just in support for Daniel. I started walking back when I bumped into someone. I turned around, and saw tattoos on the person. I looked up and there was a smile on his face. Tattoo guy. He was wearing a medal around his neck. It said 3rd place on it. He's Philip. Okay.

"Oh, so you stuck around." He grinned. He was still kind of wet. He was drying himself with a towel, I stepped back. "I only stuck around, because Mary told me. I don't get this sport." I told him. He looked up. "You just see who swims the fastest. There are other things we do in swimming, but today's was just the race." he said going back to drying himself. I turned around to look for Mary. No sign of her or Daniel. "Looking for someone?" He said behind me. I turned around. "Mary." He chuckled. "After this, they go to the schoolyard, and have a huge make out session." he said walking to possibly his clothes. I looked at the time at my phone, and it was 7. I had to go back home fast for dinner. I looked at Tattoo guy- I mean Philip. "Thanks." I walked out the door. I walked to the bus stop. Then someone tapped my shoulder. "Wait, why don't I give you a ride." Philip said catching his breath. I just looked at him. "You walk fast." he said slowly. The bus still hasn't come yet.

"So, how about it? I'll give you ride." He said getting straight up. His hair was still wet, but not water-dripping wet. He pulled his hair back and looked at me. He saw me looking at him and smiled. His tattoos were showing on his arms. I hesitated. He walked to the left and opened his car door. He motioned his hand to me to get in. I looked back to see if the bus was here, it shouldn't take this long... My feet gave in, I started moving towards him. He smiles big, like I made his day. I would have thought winning a medal would make that his day. I got in and so did he and we drove off.

"Philip." he said still looking straight at the road. "And your real name is?"

I looked forward. "Philip, I don't need this whole conversation. You offered a ride, and I took it. Nothing more, it's not like I'll be talking to you at school. We probably won't bump into each other. I've been hanging out with Mary and Daniel everyday. And I never saw you." I said playing with the seat belt. "That's because I have been on vacation this whole year, and came back 2 days ago." He said explaining. "I didn't see you in those 2days." I said looking at him. He looked at me and smiled. "I didn't come to school, because I had to practice for swimming." He said grinning. "Where did you go on vacation?" I asked to make sure he wasn't lying. "Why do you want to know? You think I cute huh." He said smirking. "Why do you jump to that conclusion?!? I just asked to see if you were lying or not." I said annoyed, looked forward. "Germany, to meet my relatives." He said in a few seconds. There was silence.

• Fin.•

Author's Note

How did you like it? It probably isn't much now, but in a few chapters it will be! The beginning of stories are always boring, right. It'll get juicy in the next few chapters.

Please tell your friends to read it! This is my very first story out!

You guys can give me advice, comments, votes on this story!

-Tassy