Chapter 3

It's Sunday, the day of their engagement, Everyone was running around in the Reddy Mansion decorating it especially the garden for Varun and Anisha's engagement. Anisha and Varun came to Hyderabad on Friday, now Anisha was already in Reddy Mansion she was sent to the Guest room to get ready while Varun was getting ready in his room.

In the Guest Room,

Anita, Samyuktha and Sanjana were with Anisha, Samyuktha "Wow Ani your getting married to one of our boss" Sanjana dreamily "You know Akka you so lucky Bava is so hot and handsome" (Bava means brother-in- law) Anisha was getting irritated with all their teasing "Shut up Sammu and Sanju if you like him so much why don't you marry him" Anita "Why are you snapping at them Ani they were just teasing you" Sanjana sadly says "I'm sorry Akka" Anisha realises that she had snapped at her and hugs her "I'm sorry baby...I'm just tensed I didn't mean to snap at you" Sanjana hugs her and smiles at her "Don't worry sissy...he doesn't seem that bad" Anisha sighs "I hope so" Anita "Let's go guys, we will come in sometime Ani when they call for you" Sam "No tension Baby just breathe" Anisha smiles at the three and they three leave from the room and she was left alone.

Anisha's Pov

It's my engagement today, I should be happy right but I'm not, I'm missing him today more than anyother days, I wish he was here with me. It's been 2 years since he left to London, I don't know anything about him since, in the beginning I tried calling him with the number which Niki gave me but he just kept changing his number when he came to know I got had his number. I tried for 6 months to talk to him but he was hellbent on ignoring me so I also stopped, He was my only bestie and I miss him. I know I rejected his proposal but you know what they say you know the worth of someone in your life only after they have left and I realised that my feelings for him was more than just friendship when I started missing him, yes I love him but he is happy I guess, I always stalk his social media accounts so that I can atleast get to know how he is. I don't even know the name of the guy I'm getting married to, Mom said that he is a Reddy but I was not interested, I am still in love with him....this is just for my parents because I know I cannot be with him now. I will make it clear to the guy that this is just going to be a namesake marriage and that I don't want him to have any exceptions from me. I was all dressed up and ready for the engagement looking bright but I was feeling empty from inside.

Anisha's Pov ends

In Varun's Room,

Varun was getting ready in his room when Nithish came in and hugged him "I'm so happy man that you agreed to get married" Varun "You know it's for mom and dad right" Nithish "I know but I'm still happy that you agreed...I know it's not easy for you with everything that happened but atleast you are trying to move on and forget her right" Varun "Yes I really don't want to remember her right now". Just then Meera enters, Meera "Remember who" Varun "Uh..uh...nothing" Meera looks at both of them with raised eyebrows "Boys I have known you both since school please Varun doesn't stammer until and unless he is hiding something" Nithish "it's nothing Meeru he just doesn't want to remember all the girls back in London now that he is getting married na" Meera doesn't believe him but doesn't ask anything further also "Fine...Anyway Varu how are you feeling you are getting engaged" Varun sighs "I don't know...nervous I guess" Meera "Nervous....don't be I saw your to be wife she is beautiful yaar...Nithi lets go yaar they will come to call him soon" Nithish "Okay...I'm going if you need anything call me" Varun "Okay" Nithish "and don't be tensed" Varun smiles at him "Okay fine"

Varun's Pov

It's been 2 years, 2 years since I proposed her, 2 years since she rejected me...I know I shouldn't have left but being here as her friend was painful when I was deeply, madly and unconditionally in love with her. Niki used to talk about her whenever she calls but I would somehow change the topic and soon after she stopped talking about her once and for all, nobody knew about my feelings for her except Nithish, my best friend. I left to London because I wanted to be alone for sometime and come back but when I got to know about her and Vihaan I completely lost it, I was hell angry, I wanted confront her but then I realised she had already lied to me and won't bother but lie about it again so I started avoiding her. I don't know if I'm still in love with her but I don't want to think about her anymore. I'm getting engaged today but I haven't seen the girl neither do I know her name, honestly I didn't even care to find out because I was not interested and I was going to make this clear to the girl today after our engagement that this marriage is only for the sake of my parents.

Varun's Pov ends

Soon Varun was called to the stage, he was standing on the stage with Vikram and Nishant who were teasing him, Nishant "What happened are you searching Vadina" (Vadina means Sister-in-law) Vikram "Ofcourse Nishu who else will he be searching from now" Nishant "You are right Anna...look at him he is not even looking at us" (Anna means elder brother) Varun just glares at both of them "Can you both keep your mouth shut" They both just nod while he gets a call and he leaves from there, they both burst out laughing. Anita and Sanjana brought Anisha to the stage while Varun was on his call, Anisha was talking to Nishant and Vikram when Varun comes back to the stage, Vikram and Nishant were standing in between so Anisha did not see Varun neither did Varun see Anisha, Vikram and Nishant notice that Varun is back, Vikram and Nishant move apart "Anisha this is Varun...Varun this is Anisha" they both look at each and were shocked to see eachother. Both of their eyes turned misty seeing each other, just a whisper came out of their mouth, Anisha "Varun" Varun "Anisha".

Samyuktha and Nithish also get shocked looking at them both.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini