A big day

Meredith's POV

As I stepped out of the hospitals main elevator, I was instantly hit with the all familiar sounds and sights you expect around a hospitals lobby. To my left was a group of interns anxiously trying to keep up with their resident, to my right, a poor family receiving news that a family member has passed, and straight in front of me, the love of my life Derek Shepherd. I hadn't seen Derek and the kids in 2 weeks due to a conference I was at on the other side of the country, so I missed them a lot. Just as we were walking down to the daycare to see Ellis, I got paged 911 to the ER from Dr. Hunt. 

''Great! I've been back 5 minutes and I'm already being paged. You go see Ellis, Derek. I'll be down soon'' I said in an irritated, but calm tone. 

When I got to the ER, Dr. Hunt filled me in on the case. A 35 year old male with several stab wounds puncturing his abdomen. My first instinct was check his vitals, which I noticed he is hypotensive and unconscious. I immediately pulled out the ultrasound and ordered a CT scan to see if vital organs are involved. I checked the four quadrants of the abdomen and noticed the bleeding was located in the right upper quadrant. It's likely the bleeding was coming from the liver so I called the OR and booked in an emergency explorative surgery. 

... 6 hours later ...

The surgery took at lot longer than I thought it would. He was a bit touch and go for a while but we got there in the end and he's recovering. I was hoping the surgery would only take 3-4 hours as there is a very important event tonight. While walking back to the attending lounge I spotted Lexie, which was weird because she had the day off today. 

''Hey Lexie! I thought you had the day off, why are you here?''

''Oh, I'm just picking up some lab results, no big deal!'' Lexie said in a not so convincing tone.

''I could have done that for you you know? You didn't have to come in on your wedding day! Go home, get ready, I'll be home soon to help you.''

''No Mer, it's alright. I'll just collect these labs then I'll go.'' 

''No seriously! What's the name of the patient? I'll go pick them up.''

''Meredith it's fine!''

''What's the patient's name? You should be at home relaxing before your big night!''

''Fine. The patient is a Jane Doe. As soon as you get the results, text a picture of them to me please?''

''Ok I will. Now go home!!''

... 30 minutes later ... (lexie is at home and meredith is in the attending lounge)

*text messages from meredith* 

*1 image attached*

''Lexie, I don't see a Jane Doe in your patient record. Who is it!'' (text from meredith)

''Oh no...'' (text from lexie)

''What!'' (text from meredith)

''The Jane Doe is me! I ran bloodwork on myself because I had a hunch, but I wanted to be certain, and now I am...'' (text from lexie)

''I'm.... PREGNANT!'' (text from lexie)

''Oh my gosh! I'm going to be an aunt! Is this a good thing? Do you and Mark want this?'' (text from meredith)

''I'll talk to you later about this when you get home. I need time to process this. Bye.'' (text from lexie)

As I sit there shocked in the lounge, my pager goes off. It's a 911 from Derek to the level 3 nurse's station, which is weird. Why would Derek page me 911 to the nurses station? Anyway, when I get there, I'm informed that there is no emergency at the station, and that Derek is waiting in the closest on-call room. I burst open the on-call room door, only to find Derek completely fine.