Chapter 29 - Calvin

I'm an ass. Heck, I was worse than an ass. I was a monster in every sense of the word.

The girl in front of me made me regret every single thing I did. I regretted ever hurting her. I was kicking myself for what I did to her.

She was right, I had no right to tell her what to do especially after what I did to her. I had no right to say anything to her after making her feel so terrible, so cheap.

She was worth more than a car. Much more than that. So, much more. I knew that I didn't deserve her forgiveness but I was ready to beg for it and beg for her to give me one last chance.

"Did you at least win?" A small voice brought me out of my thoughts

"No, I lost the moment I saw you again. It was going to be impossible to win after that." I said softly

"Then why didn't you quit?" Royalty asked

I had no answer for that. I didn't know why I didn't quit either. I didn't know why, I have no idea what stopped me from quitting much earlier. It hurt to see her so hurt, to see her doubting herself. What hurt worse was the fact that I made her feel this way.

"I don't know. I was going to though, soon." I replied

"Why do you have to play with my heart every single time I trust you with it?" Royalty asked

"Because I'm such an ass. I never understood how precious was your heart that you entrusted to me so many times. I'm an idiot, jerk, bastard. There's no word that'll describe how bad I am for hurting you like this so many times, for breaking your heart so many times." I said guilty

"It's ok. It's not your fault. It's mine for falling for you every single time like an idiot when you flash me that smile of yours. I should've know better." Royalty shook her head

"No, it was never you fault. I was just a jerk who didn't understand what a precious thing was handed to me and I threw it away." I said

"No more. I'm not going to stay and let you play with my heart again and again. Never again." Royalty said shaking her head

Royalty stood up and harshly wiped her tears. She shook her head vigorously. I hated myself for doing this to her. For making her feel worthless.

"Bye Calvin. I never want to see you again." Royalty said finally after wiping all her tears

I knew that this was least I could do for her. Her wish of never wanting to see me again was quite reasonable but the mere thought of losing her for good, did something terrible to this organ in my chest. It felt like my heart almost stopped beating when she said those words.

I tried to tell myself that I deserved this, for playing with her feelings all this time. I tried to reason with myself that this was right thing.

But...

The moment she tried to walk away from me all my reasoning flew out of the window. My hand flew out and grabbed her wrist on instinct.

Instantly, I pulled her flush in my chest, hugging her close. Her hands hit my chest, she struggled to make me let go but I just didn't, I couldn't let go.

The mere thought of losing her made me want to kill myself. I just can't lose her.

My mind seemed to have lost all the reasoning in this world. It just kept screaming one word along with my heart.

Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine.

That was I knew at that moment. I would do anything to make her realise that she was meant to be with me. She was mine.