twenty seven

❝What a good, good lie

What a good, good lie.

Kevin wiped off the tear that fell from his eye before making his way towards where Seojin is sitting. As soon as Seojin noticed his presence, she immediately stood up, distancing herself from him.

"Seojin, I just wanted you to be with me again," Kevin spoke, almost choking on his own words. "That's all I wanted, why can't you just give it?"

"Stop all of these first."

Kevin stared at her with his bloodshot eyes.

"If I stop, will you come back to me?" he asked her with his eyes full of hope.

Seojin bit her lower lip before slowly shaking her head. Kevin's eyes then narrowed as anger started to eat him up.

"That is not the answer that I wanted, Seojin."

Before Kevin could even take a step forward towards her, Seojin began running, making her way out of the cornfield. Kevin followed behind, slashing the butcher knife on the crops of corn that are getting along his way.

"Run, Seojin!" Kevin shouted before letting out a sinister laugh. "Fucking run until there's no more for you to run!"

Seojin ran faster because of that. She doesn't know where she is going, all that she had in her mind is to get away from Kevin.

"Why do we have to go here at this hour?" Juyeon asked with a sleepy voice before letting out a yawn.

"When will you stop complaining?" Seoho deadpanned.

"Why are they being like that?" Keonhee asks Jacob.

"Why do you keep asking?" Jacob asked back.

"Why don't y'all stop asking?" Hwanwoong huffed.

"Then why are you also asking?" Youngjo chimes in.

"Are you guys idiots or what?" Chanhee asked.

"I'm normal," Changmin and Leedo said in unison. They shared looks at each other before bumping their fists together.

"Before this conversation gets more stupid, why are we even here?" Chanhee asked Seoho with his arms crossed against his chest.

"To catch Kevin obviously," Seoho spoke.

"What? Catch him?" Juyeon asked, not having any single idea on what is happening. "Why would we catch him?"