57; procedures, confrontations, and new friends

***

Akimoto stares down at the door of 1-A. It has been a week since she saw them. It's been a week since her family discovered the bad condition of her heart. She never talked to anyone about it, it never occurred to her that maybe it was important for anyone to know.

She doesn't want people to worry about her. She was fine. In her head– she was okay.

A hand brushed up to the side of her head, she felt the scar because of Haru's toy and immediately felt a sting upon her finger's touch.

Akimoto was tired. You could really tell from the first glance. Her hair was paler than normal, her eyes are droopy, face white as if no blood was circulating. White cloth on her head and around her arms– like always.

"Akimoto," A familiar adult's voice called her. 

The girl slowly drags her eyes to the owner. "Mr. Aizawa..."

As a short greeting, he nods. The adult took a step closer to her and looked down at her, inspecting her fragile-state. He noticed how dull she was. Aizawa learned that Akimoto was a bubbly girl, but now she wasn't. "Welcome back," 

She lowers her head. "It's been a long week..."

He sighs before turning around, "We need to talk first before you get to class." He proceeded to walk after her.

Akimoto looks at him confused. "For what?"

"Procedure. Your mother's instructions." He reaches his right hand out to Akimoto's back to guide her. "Does your head hurt?"

Akimoto shakes her head no. She didn't know Aizawa was this caring, considering that he doesn't really show any concern for his students. Let alone in public. "I'm good, thank you, sir."

The two continue to walk in silence to the teachers' faculty. She spots a few students who were looking at her, surprised that she was present in school today. She avoids their curious gaze as they continue to whisper amongst themselves. 

"Did you eat breakfast?" Aizawa asks out of nowhere.

"Huh?" She looks up at her teacher. "Oh, yes. I did."

"What did you eat?"

"Chocolate waffles." 

Aizawa flashed another sad look at her before dismissing it. "You should eat more healthy meals. More protein, less sugar."

Akimoto wonders why he asked her this out of nowhere, but proceeds to nod at his suggestion. "Yes, sir."

"Who cooks breakfast every morning?"