Chapter 23(edited)

3rd POV:

Bakugo woke up with deku curled up on his side resting his head on his chest. He couldn't help but smile down at him. He carefully got out of the cozy bed and went to take a warm shower. Waiting for the water to warm, he texted Momo, asking her to bring up a comfortable outfit for Izu.

Turning off the water, he quickly got dressed in sweats and a plain hoodie. He went back to get Izu up only to find him sitting curled in a ball staring at the door he just came out of. "Hey bub, I never asked but how are your tail and ears feeling? Are you in any pain?" Bakugo asked, worried.

"I'm fine." Izuku said moody and clearly lying.

Humming he walked over sitting next to Izuku, "I have a hard time believing that. Tell me th-" he groaned as Momo cut him off with a knock. "Come in"

"I had Todo help pick out his outfit. I brought boxers, socks, skinny jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a belly shirt", Momo stated. Of course it was basically the same outfit as yesterday but Izuku was pleased that he didn't have to show his scars. Bakugo grabbed the clothes, nodding his head to the door saying, 'get out.'

He handed the clothes to Izuku who got up with a sigh. He didn't want to go back or get punished and he was already pushing his limits. He didn't understand why his family stayed here. He didn't understand where his mother went. The only thing he understood was that this was the nicest he was treated in years and he wasn't sure if he was up to letting go of it. "Go get changed, the shoes you wore yesterday should still be in the bathroom. Then we will go eat and head on our way." Bakugo stated and Izuku listened.

Changing would have been easy if it wasn't for the fact his body was still in pain for two reasons, he still had some cuts and bruises on his body from all the restraints and his body wasn't too happy about letting his features come back, leaving his body aching. Forgetting about the pain he began to think about how the more time he spent here the more he loved it which made him hate himself. He loved the way bakugo would avoid staring or mentioning any of his injuries, he didn't hurt him, or want anything sexual. It confused Izuku on how he bit the man but only got treated nicely in return. He knew it would change one day and he would get beaten, broken and returned to the traders. He knew that that day would break him worse than anything from the past.

       Quickly getting dressed, whimpering, and groaning he slid his shoes on as he shuffled out the door, ears once again down and tail securely wrapped around his waist. Walking over to Bakugo but leaving a decent amount of space between them. "Izu," Bakugo said sternly, "you're going to hurt yourself. Relax, no one will lay a finger on you unless you're okay with it, I promise." He gently massaged Izuku's shoulders until he saw his shoulder relax as well as his ears and tail. He gently took Izuku's hand, giving him the will to let go if he wanted as he led him back to the kitchen and onto a bar stool. "What would you like to eat?"

Izuku looked up from his lap as he played with his fingers, "can I- can we eat tamagoyaki... please?" He asked, worried he said something wrong and Bakugou was going to lash out. He knew it took roughly 15 minutes to make one dish of it and was worried they didn't have time.

"Sure, anything you would like in it?"

"Not that I can think of," he whispered.

"Alrighty... I have good news and bad which would you like to know first, Izu?" He questions as he begins to cook.

"Bad... I want to be sad so 'good' news can make me feel better," he explained but anyone could tell he didn't think there would be good news.

"Okay, but please don't freak out... if I could I would make it so you didn't but I don't make the laws."