Chapter Ten

Tiberius' POV

"Dried water lilies," I guessed.

"WRONNGG! The answer is crushed pomegranate seeds." Cindy liked to quiz people and I generally obliged her. "Okay I gotta head to my study session."

"You're always rushing off somewhere," Dorian grumbled a little too obviously and Cindy still didn't even know. Sometimes it's hard being the sensible one of the friend group.

"Ah let her go. We can have our guy time without chatterbox hanging around."

Cindy rolled her eyes. "Alright you guys have fun with that. Scorpius is probably waiting."

Dorian clenched as she walked away. Once she was far enough, I began my lesson. "Buddy."

"What?" Dorian spat.

"You've gotta cool it."

"What do you mean?" His face managed to get angrier and I held in my laugh, because I didn't want to see if it could get worse.

"Look, it's obvious you like her, okay."

"What? No I-"

"Stop stop. That sick feeling in your stomach you get when you talk to her, the anger boiling up when she says she's gonna hang out with another boy, all of that means you wanna suck face and you want the face to be hers."

"Ew."

"Hey, it's nature," I put my hands up in surrender. "But right now she's looking at a third year boy who likes things she likes and has his shit together. Right now you're acting like a first year who flips when she looks in another guy's direction. You've gotta be the better option. Currently, you're not an option at all."

"How do I make myself the better option?" Now he was listening.

"She hangs out with Scorpius because he invites her to study, right? She loves studying. So you gotta ask her to do something she wants to do. And when she says she's gonna hang out with Scorpius, don't get mad. Just say 'aight' with a head nod, like this: Aight."

"Aight," I kinda thought he had a neck spasm for a second.

"No no no. Go subtle with the head nod. Aight."

"Aight." Horrible.

"That's it!"

He breathed in and out and looked in the direction Cindy had left from. Pathetic.

Cindy's POV

"But then he woke up right by the whomping willow!"

"No way!" I exclaimed. "All the way from the quidditch field?"

"He must have flown so far off course when he was in the clouds," Scorpius explained.

"Then what'd he do?"

"Ran for his life! The willow's branches pounded down on every side of him, but he got away without a scratch!"

"Impossible!"

"I'm serious!"

"Wow, quidditch seems so dangerous."

"Well, that type of stuff doesn't happen very often. And even when it does, it's worth it. Getting to fly through the air, feeling the wind on your face and nothing underneath you while a crowd cheers; there's nothing else like it," he stared off like he was recalling the feeling.

"I don't think I'd feel that way," I shivered at the thought of being so high in the air. "Flying was my least favorite class. The only one I just couldn't ace."

"You're doing it wrong then. You don't trust your broom enough."

"That's true. I don't trust it at all."

"You've just gotta know that it won't let you fall. I'll show you sometime."

"Oh I don't know..."

"Trust me," he nodded and I did. If he was telling me that everything would be okay then I believed it.