Chapter Thirty Four

Dorian's POV

My eyes shot open to the sound of a knock on my door. I turned towards the mirror and saw myself and the knock came again.

My shaky voice asked, "Who is it?"

"Grandma," I heard Narcissa's voice on the other side and my heart rate slowed back down.

"Come in."

She opened the door with a grandmotherly smile and said, "Your mother and I are going out shopping and I told her I'd let you know."

"Okay, thank you."

With a wink, she shut the door behind her. I heard the front door open and close and I stood to go confess.

"Professor Malfoy?" I walked down the halls. "Professor Malfoy!"

"Why are you calling me tha- Dorian. What are you doing here?" He had come around the corner and was standing in front of me in the hallway.

"I- um... Scorpius and I drank Polyjuice Potion on the train the other day. He's at my house."

"Oh gosh. I have to call Anastasia and let her know, although I'm sure that if she doesn't know by now she will soon too. And oh my gosh..." He rested his head in his hands and I knew he realized that I had witnessed last night's events. "I'm sorry, Dorian."

"Oh it's okay, Professor. Really it is. I shouldn't have been intruding on your private family matters anyway."

He hugged me and gave my mum a call.

He hung up and returned his attention to me. "We're going to meet in the middle and make the trade, okay?"

Perfect. No demanding necessary. "Okay."

"Why did you two switch anyway?" He asked, more curious than angry.

"Well... we live very different lives, y'see. And, well... you'd have to trade us back."

He sighed and shook his head.

Scorpius' POV

"Good morning, my dear!" Anastasia placed a kiss on Castion's cheek and sat in her chair at the table for breakfast. I watched from the hall through a crack in the door, afraid to interrupt their morning.

"Good morning. It's nice to see you so cheerful. You have been a lot lately."

"Yes, I've been much better."

"Hogwarts truly is magical," he smiled. "I hoped that going would revitalize you but I must say that I had thought that you would be more... distant."

"Well, of course you know that memories of the war were heavy on my heart. Being back there helped me to let go."

"I thought there was more drawing you to Hogwarts than the building..."

"Whatever do you mean?"

Castion shifted in his seat uncomfortably and I nearly forgot that I was spying.

"That pile of letters in your room. You can't possibly think, as a curious young boy with a wife so hateful of him, that I never read them."

She nearly dropped her utensils at this. "Oh. Oh, I'd never really thought of... You knew he was there?"

Castion nodded. "Princes can find out many things."

"Why did you let me return?"

"Well, how would keeping you here have been better? I know what I was like back then, Anastasia. I know you hated me. I guess I just thought that was the best way to impress you. You may have dreaded our marriage, but I certainly didn't. It, of course, wasn't what I had anticipated though. But what good would it do to be upset with you when it wasn't your fault that you loved another?"

"I'm so sorry, Castion." Tears were filling her eyes, but she wiped them away quickly, standing from her seat. "I'm going to go see what's keeping our son from breakfast. Excuse me one moment."

She walked towards the door that I was leaning against. I realized and spun around to hide, but it was too late.

"Scorpius? What on Earth are you doing here?"

"Oh... Hello, your majesty," I bowed awkwardly. "Fancy seeing you here."

And then the phone rang.