Chapter Twenty Four

Scorpius' POV

Hair that swayed with the trees. Smile that shone like the sun. Mind that could force the ocean's waves into submission. Eyes that didn't love me back.

The only thing that the past few months had done was pull me in deeper. Like a sailor upon hearing the siren song.

How could a mere mortal resist the allure of a goddess?

It was Lucinda April Weasley. An uptight, bossy chatterbox. She was younger than me and the flyaways on her head stuck out in all directions. Her kisses were rushed and lacked any rhythm which was a perfect recipe for ending up with slobber on my chin. She rarely did anything but study and she always ended up with scrapes and scabs from running into furniture.

But it was like she was the other half of me. She was a devoted Ravenclaw. She was the perfect daughter. She was so much like me in so many ways and it made me feel at home.

I knew quite well who I was. It was hard to lack an ego after being raised by two Slytherins. I knew my worth. But I also knew that I had to be better than my dad had been. He didn't want another Malfoy death eater and so he shaped me to be a Ravenclaw. I was smart and kind just like my girlfriend. It's why we should've worked so well. So I didn't get it.

"Scorpius!" Dorian was jogging up to me.

"Oh, hey."

"I have a question for you."

"I don't know where Tiberius or Cindy are, sorry."

"No, it's about our parents. I want to get them back together."

What? "What?" Is he insane? "Are you insane?"

"Perhaps, but it could work. Aren't you the one that wanted me to understand why my mum is the way that she is?"

"Well, yeah but-"

"Well, I understand now. I get it. She lost everyone and they took her with them. The only thing that I can give back to her is your dad."

"I just wanted you to learn more about her. Getting them back together? Breaking up our parents? That's a whole other step."

"I know you must have read more of your dad's. Do your mom and dad love each other like the kids in the journals, Scorpius? Does it really seem like they do?"

I wasn't really sure what to tell him. This was my fault that he wanted to do this. He might be right.

"You said it, Scorp," he continued before I answered. "We're supposed to be brothers. So let's be brothers."

He held his hand out and I shook it.

"Okay. Brothers."