Chapter Fifteen

Tiberius' POV

We were in the library and I was sitting next to Dorian and across the table from Cindy. She was flipping through the pages of a book about magical creatures and Dorian was staring at her over his own copy of it. Two years of staring and he was still going strong.

I slammed a book down on the table. "Do we really have to be here? Let's go workout together or something."

"Girls don't care as much about your biceps as you think, Tiberius." Cindy rolled her eyes and continued reading.

"I think you'd be surprised. But the real reason I wanna workout is because I think you'd embarrass yourself trying to do a pushup." I stretched my arms back and suppressed the smile that arose in anticipation of her rebuttal.

"Hey, I can do a push-up."

"Hmmm well I wouldn't know because all you do is study."

She shut her book. "Fine, let's go workout."

We walked out to the empty field and I nodded towards the ground and she got into a plank position.

"Ready?"

"Ready," she grumbled.

"GO!"

Dorian and I both dropped to the ground next to her and began cheering.

"Whoop whoop! Go Cindy! Squeeze your core!"

She scrunched her face and slowly completed one push-up.

"KEEP GOING, SOLDIER!" I yelled like a military sergeant.

She lowered herself back down, but just before she straightened her arms, she sighed and dropped onto the grass.

"Lame! Boo!" Dorian gave her a thumbs down and jokingly kicked her while she pretended to be dead. "Quick! She needs to be revived!" Dorian dropped to the ground and, instead of the standard CPR, he began using the evermore professional Tickling Resuscitation.
She began giggling and I joined Dorian in this brave act.

"I'm alive! I'm alive!" she squealed.

"Uh oh!" Dorian looked over at me and we both paused for a moment as she heaved heavily. "I think she's slipping, Tiberius!" And we both started up again.

"Have I happened upon a tickle fight?" Scorpius' shadow covered us.

Dorian stopped abruptly and looked up at him. "Actually, we're resuscitating a patient. We need all non-medical personnel to clear the area."

"I happen to have my PHD in tickle remedy!" He dropped to his knees and began feeling Cindy's forehead with a fake look of concern.

Scorpius and Cindy looked into each other's eyes and I heard a heavy exhale from the boy next to me.

"I think she was doing perfectly fine before you got here actually," Dorian spat bitterly.

Scorpius dropped his hand. "Uh, Dorian can we talk?"

"What the hell do we have to talk about?"

"Please?"

Dorian hesitantly stood up and walked off with him.

Cindy looked at me, but I had just caught sight of two Slytherin girls walking past.

"Well, now it's just the two of us," she sighed.

I patted her on the shoulder. "Yeah uh... about that. I'm sorry to abandon a recovering push-up victim, but there are some ladies over there who need Doctor Tiberius."

She shook her head. "Fine. Go scare more girls just to make sure I never get to have another girl in the group."

"Always lookin' out for ya!" I joked and ran over to them. "Hello, girls. How are you doing today?"

"Hey, Tiberius," one of them twinkled their fingers at me. I didn't know her name. Whoops.

Dorian's POV

'Hey, uh, Dorian, can we talk?' Who the hell does he think he is? Wasting my time.

"Look," he turned to face me once we were far enough away. "I can tell you and Cindy have a thing."

'You and Cindy'? 'A thing'? Do we have a thing?

"I'm not trying to intrude."

"All you do is intrude."

"I really don't mean to. But I can see it's bothering you. I'll back off if you want."

Look at him, pretending to be all nice. Sickening. "It is what i want. We don't need you around."

"I really like being her friend, Dorian. I'm not just never gonna speak to her again. But I'll make it clear to her that friends are all we are. She's all yours."

"Well..." Is he serious? "Good." He's making me seem like the bad guy. He's doing this on purpose. But, if he leaves her alone... This is good. He won't bother Cindy so much. She can get a break from pretending to be nice to him.

"Yeah... we cool?"

Cool? No, I despise you. But do this for Cindy. "We're cool."