Chapter Twenty Nine

Nymphadora's POV

I woke up to the sun shining through the blinds. My head felt like a finger I'd slammed in a drawer. I squeezed my eyes shut again, dreading school. No, not school. It was Saturday. The party was Friday night. THE PARTY!

I shot up, instantly regretting it, because of the throbbing feeling. I turned to see a drooling Tiberius and realized I was in a Slytherin dorm.

Shit shit shit shit

I lost my virginity to my cousin's best friend and I don't even remember it? Just great. I'm never drinking again. He was right that I should have stuck with the cheap stuff.

I slipped out of bed, hoping to get away without waking him up, but I stepped on a creaky floorboard and he stirred.

Wonderful. Since when was I the type of girl to sneak out of a boy's room with a hangover? Since never! What was I thinking? I was frustrated with myself. I was stupid last night. I just didn't wanna be some sweet little Hufflepuff. But now I'm a drunken whore.

"Amber?"

My stomach churned at the nickname. I thought this was going to be an innocent friendship. How much of my body had he touched? How much of me had he seen? Did this dress stay on all night?

I almost didn't answer it. It wasn't my name after all.

"Are you alright?"

I paused. If he cared then he would have asked that last night. Or maybe he did.

"I'm fine."

He sat up. "Trying to sneak away? What's up?"

I turned back around. My eyes flicked around the room to anywhere but him. I shrugged. "More happened than I expected last night."

"Oh you mean... the kiss."

"The kiss? Yeah. I mean the kiss. I mean all of it."

"All of it?" He scrunched his eyebrows. "No, no. You don't remember last night, do you?"

I shook my head.

"Nothing happened. I promise. We kissed and then you puked on the floor and I brought you back here."

My shoulders drooped with relief. "Oh. Thanks." My eyes wandered to Dorian's bed and Tiberius clearly noticed.

"He's been up for hours."

"What about me?"

"He won't think anything of it... I- girls in my bed... are not a rare sight."

I pressed my lips together and nodded awkwardly. "Cool." Cool? I sigh and put my hand up to my head.

"Oh, here! Drink this." He jumped from his bed and handed me a green bubbly concoction.

I looked at him questioningly, but he nodded for me to drink it.

I hesitated. It was Tiberius. I knew him. Then again, maybe what I knew wasn't any reason to trust this smelly juice. A drunk passed out in the hall. Bringing new girls home every night. I was blacked out. How do I know that what he said is really what happened?

But he stepped forward, lifting the cup to my lips. "Trust me," he whispered, holding the back of my head so that I had no choice, but to slurp it down. It wasn't threatening or aggressive though. So I let the drink slip down my throat and immediately my head cleared and the grogginess lifted from my body.

I sighed as he pulled it away, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. "A potion," I mumbled.

"A potion," he smiled. "Feel better?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Wanna go back to your dorm now?"

I crossed my arms across my body, a little bit chilly now that I was more aware. "Yeah."

"Oh! Geez! You've gotta be cold." He disappeared into his closet and came back out, wrapping one of his big jackets around me. I slipped my arms in and he zipped up the front. "Want some joggers too?"

The goosebumps on my legs willed me to say yes but I shook my head.

"Alright. I'll walk you back."

"No!" I yelled a little bit louder than I meant. I didn't want to show up on a Saturday morning in a skimpy dress and big jacket with a boy escorting me.

"Embarrassed of me?" He laughed.

"No, I just... Maybe a little. Of having a boy at all. Not of you, obviously."

"Obviously?" He smirked. "So if you had to choose a boy to bring you back to your dorm...?"

Flirting. Fine. As you wish, Tiberius. "You'd suffice."

"Well, sorry to force your hand, but I have many reasons for wanting to walk you."

"And those would be?"

"Well, first I wanna make sure you're safe."

"Safe? It's Hogwarts. We live here. I walk this castle plenty."

"Maybe I'll just have to go everywhere with you then."

I gulped and broke eye contact. "And the second thing?"

He bit his lip, looking away and back. "Well, you might not want people to see you with a boy like me, but I want everyone to see me with a girl like you."

I could feel the color rushing to my cheeks and I knew he saw because of the smile that spread across his face a few seconds after he said it.

"You're not funny, Tiberius." I wondered how many girls he'd said things like this to and the cause of my blushing turned from giddy excitement to anger at his manipulative trickery.

"Well, I am. But right now I'm not kidding."

I thought about last night. The last thing I could remember was the kiss. It was my first. Well, unless I count my 'boyfriend' on the playground when I was four years old, which I don't think I do. And the one with Tiberius was good. I think. It could just be my cloudy memory. But then I had to remember that the reason he was so good was because he had a lot of practice. This led me to cringe at the thought of him kissing me. I must have been awful. Yet here he was flirting. Flirting to make fun of me, I'm sure. For Tiberius, being liked was nothing but an ego boost.

"Sure you're not." I turned to leave and he followed just like he said he would.