Chapter Twenty

Cindy's POV

I thought it would get better if I just stuck it out for a few months. It's not that it's bad. I just thought that maybe if the kiss didn't give me butterflies then it would just be a different kind of love story. The kind where you slowly fall in love. Week by week, day by day, minute by minute. I supposed it was still on its way. Those feelings got lost in the mail. The butterflies had a long flight to make. I loved him of course. It just wasn't what I thought it would be.

Dorian's POV

Being a good person was a stupid idea. Months later and the closest thing to a romantic interest was Tiberius. And I hadn't seen Professor Malfoy sneak into my mom's room since we got back to school. Coming to terms with the fact that my mom hated my dad was not just a one step process. My whole childhood came crashing down. I knew my mom was quiet and all, but I never understood that meant that something was wrong. They were the only thing that I had to base love off of. Now that I realized it, I wanted to make her happy. Maybe if she had Draco back, then she would love me. But they're both married and avoiding each other.

Tiberius' POV

I was pretty sure that everyone thought that things for me were the same. As if I didn't notice something was wrong. With all of them. It started when Cindy and Scorpius got together. They giggled and other cheesy stuff but it was weird. It wasn't the trademarked Cindy laugh anymore. And she barely talks to me. Six years of being best friends and she won't tell me what's wrong. My mum's angry about my grades. She's angry about everything. I thought being in Slytherin would be good enough for her. I'd just go to parties and forget about it. That was all that I could think to do. Nothing was wrong when you were dizzy with an empty bottle, making out with a girl you met that night. Nothing was right either, but that was for another day.

Scorpius' POV

I didn't know that this was how it would go when she walked into that classroom for our study group. I was just trying to be the cool older boy that made her feel better. It worked and she had this adorable crush and I could tell and I loved it, but then I saw her sweet little smile and noticed how her tongue stuck out of her mouth when she concentrated on something. I saw how scared she was on that broom and I caught her and it was over. I couldn't even keep it from myself. But I was determined to keep it from her. So I told her I didn't like her. I thought if she dated Dorian then I'd get over it. But she cried. And I kissed her. And I'm wondering whether or not it was the worst mistake of my life. She always pulls away first when we kiss and she never makes the plans for our dates and when she laughs at my jokes it looks fake and maybe I'm just anxiously overanalyzing all of the details or maybe I've lost all leverage.