Chapter Thirty One

Dorian's POV

Here we were. Summer break started today and our plan was about to be put to the test. Scorpius was in charge of the Polyjuice Potion, so my job didn't start until later. That didn't settle my nerves, but I was excited too. I'd get to see what the Malfoy house was like and he'd get to see what my house was like.

He told me to be careful, but his dad always seemed super nice, so I wasn't really sure what he meant. If I was gonna set this guy up with my mom then he better be nice.

"Got it," Scorpius walked into the room holding two vials. "We should probably wait until we're about to get off the train to drink it. We want as much time to get home and settled as possible."

"Well, should we swap clothes now?" I asked.

Scorpius looked at me like I had just said the stupidest thing imaginable. "Your mum rides the train with us, Dorian. She'll see us in each other's clothes before we've taken the potion and then suddenly we'll be in our own clothes. I mean how crazy will that look to her?"

"Oh," I realized. "You're right."

"I know," he said plainly, packing the vials in our bags.

I slung my satchel across my body and we headed to the train.

When we got inside, we found the compartment where Cindy and Tiberius were.

"Hey guys," Tiberius waved, scooching to make room for Scorpius next to him. "All prepared?"

Dorian and I both took a nervous breath and nodded. "We hope," I said.

Cindy grabbed my hand and smiled at me, noticing my on edge nerves. I quickly looked over to Scorpius. I still always got worried when Cindy and I showed affection with him around, but he never even looked away awkwardly. He just continued on with the conversation. It's a good thing I got the girl, because we all know it would have gone differently if I were expected to be the bigger man. I never would have broken up with her in the first place. I would have done anything to change her feelings. I was glad now that I didn't have to.

A little while later, Scorpius interrupted my thoughts: "Alright, Dorian, I think it's about time to get changed."

We snuck off to the bathrooms, returning in each other's clothes. We waited until the train came to a stop before chugging our potions and letting our skin bubble and transform.

"So how long should it last? A few hours?" I asked.

Scorpius scoffed. "Please, my dad's the Potions professor. We should have a solid ten hours."

"Ten hours. Got it," I mumbled feeling the nerves bubbling up in my stomach.

We hopped out of the train and my instinct was to head straight to my royal advisor, ready to take my mom and me home, but I stopped, seeing my clone already on his way there. I turned around and spotted Professor Malfoy looking for Scorpius. He saw me and smiled, waving me over.

I joined Draco and Astoria with Scorpius' bags in my arms.

"Oh, I missed you two!" Astoria planted a kiss on my cheek and hurried us off into a car that was waiting to take us home.

As we rolled up, I noticed the house was dark like they had placed their own personal rain cloud above it. It was a large contrast to what I thought it would be like. I knew a lot about the Malfoys, more than I wish I did, especially after reading the diaries, but Professor Malfoy was so nice. He always played games with us in class and even if I hated the material, he loved teaching it to us so much. It was hard to imagine that a man like that could live in this gloomy place.