Chapter Twenty One

Tiberius' POV

The room is spinning and my mind is numb. My throat burned a little bit ago, but I just kept going and slowly the stinging faded.

"Hey, Tiberius," I spun around to see a dark-haired girl in a tight black dress, dark mascara and shiny lip gloss-coated lips.

"Hey, Mag."

Magdalena Bole. Another third year Slytherin. And hot as hell. Not that I cared at this point, but it was a bonus.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her body against mine. When I saw couples in the halls kiss, their bodies weren't on each other like this. It was like the kiss was plenty to hold them over. I didn't understand.

But my hands were all over her body and it was all my brain could think about now. She pressed on my chest, encouraging me to go to a dorm and go further with her, but my stomach churned and the stinging feeling in my throat was back. Soon enough the alcohol that I'd downed had returned and splattered across her special party shoes.

"UCK! TIBERIUS! WHAT THE HELL! THESE ARE MY FAVORITE SHOES!"

"Sorry," I wiped my face with my sleeve and stepped forward to kiss her again, but she scoffed and left to clean herself off.

I slumped down onto the couch.

"Tiberius?"

"Yeah?" I didn't know who it was. The voice sounded wobbly as it entered my ears.

"Tiberius, get up." It was Dorian and he was trying to pull me off of the couch.

"Nah, I think I'll stay."

"I'm tired of my room smelling like vodka vomit. You've gotta stop this. Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

"Wow, Dorian the hero. Trying to be Prince Charming?"

"What? I'm just trying to help."

My thoughts were racing and I couldn't really focus on one at a time. "It's like... It's like you're the frog. And she's the princess and she turns you into a prince or she will someday y'know, but I'm just ribbiting along in the background."

"What the hell are you talking about, Ti?"

I groaned. My thoughts made sense in my head, but the words just didn't come out right. "You're gonna have this epic love. You all have this little triangle of emotions and connections and tensions and romances. I'm not even a part of the story. I'm just a damn frog."

"I don't understand."

"Of course you don't. Of course. So just..." I waved him away and tripped into the table. Dorian caught the bottle sitting on it before it fell. "Just go and leave me to my own adventures."

"Ti, come on."

"Damn it, JUST GO, DORIAN!" I yelled louder than I meant and the shatter of glass sounded long before I even realized that I had done it. A shard of the bottle had made its way deep into my hand and the blood gushed down the surface.

Everyone was looking at me and I heard a few shrieks of horror. A sixth year came over and pulled out her wand, pulling the glass out and closing the wound in my hand.

"Thanks," I smirked at her. "Would you uh wanna head back to my room?" I stumbled forward a bit, catching myself by grabbing her shoulders.

She removed my hands from her clothes and shook her head at me sorrowfully. Pity. Was I to be pitied? If my mom knew that people were looking down on me, she'd have my head. Tarnishing the Parkinson legacy by vomiting tequila bile on a girl's shoes and slicing my hand open on an empty bottle.

How can Scorpius be a Ravenclaw and be kind and be quiet and still have somewhere to call home? All while stealing every bit of attention from my best friend. Did she even know where I was tonight? Or what I'd been doing for weeks? It doesn't matter.

My head is pounding but Dorian is back in our room and I feel no desire to interact with him right now. I laid down on the empty couch in the middle of the crowded room and let myself drift off to sleep. Perhaps I wouldn't need to be drunk in my dreams.