Chapter Sixteen

Cindy's POV

"Hey, Scorpius! Ready for our study session?" I punched him in the arm jokingly.

"Yup. But first, there's something I gotta talk to you about." he looked at the ground like it wasn't good news

"What's up?"

"Well... see... I've been getting this feeling like maybe you think of me as more than a friend and that's cool and all. I just needed to let you know that... I don't know... this just isn't really what I'm looking for."

"Oh haha," I was sure my cheeks were bright red. "No, I know. This isn't what I'm looking for either, trust me. Don't worry about it."

"Oh. Okay," he didn't believe me. "Then we're good. So are you ready to study?"

"Actually I uh- I think I should probably rest up before dinner. I have an essay to write and I need to be wide awake to get it done."

"Alright well uh.. I'll see you tomorrow then."

I nodded, but knew I couldn't speak or my voice wouldn't come out right. Once I turned the corner, I began sprinting straight towards the Slytherin common room.

I pounded on the door and Zachary Zabini opened it. "What do you want, Ravenclaw?"

"Where's Ti-"

Tiberius stepped out and I collapsed into his arms.

Dorian's POV

Cindy sobbed into Tiberius' shoulder as he brought her to our dorm, despite the protests from Zach.

Sitting her down on the couch, he asked, "what happened?"

"It's- UGH - This is mortifying!"

"It can't be so bad that you can't tell your best friends. What happened?"

"It's Scorpius!" What the hell did he do now? "He thought I had a crush on him!"

"Well, didn't you?" Tiberius cocked his head.

She started sobbing harder. "HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT!"

"Is that it? What'd he do?"

"He told me he doesn't like me! He just wants to be friends!"

Tiberius sighed and rubbed his face, mumbling, "I'm gonna kill him."

But I was already on it.

"SCORPIUS!" I ran out into the hall and searched the corridor for the towheaded brat. "SCORPIUS!"

He turned around to face me and I sprinted forward, tackling him to the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL, DORIAN?"

We both scuffled on the ground and I climbed on top of him, swinging my fist at his face. He pushed me down, wiping the blood off of his lip before I slammed him into the ground again, but he pinned me down with both arms above my head as Mcgonagall rushed down the hall.

"BOYS! STOP THAT THIS INSTANT!"

We both scrambled to stand up.

"DETENTION! BOTH OF YOU!"

She dragged us off down the corridor and stopped in front of a solid wall.

"You both know there is a zero tolerance policy for fights at Hogwarts. What has caused this horrid display of violence?"

Scorpius looked at me.

"He made my best friend cry," I growled.

"What? Cry?"

"What is he talking about, Mr. Malfoy?"

"I- I don't know. I didn't mean to make her cry. I really didn't."

"Well..." Mcgonagall smoothed down her dress. "I hope the both of you can behave in a sophisticated manner while you serve your detention?"

We both nodded. Mine was hesitant.

"Good. I trust the both of you know that the consequences for further fighting could result in expulsion from Hogwarts."

"Yes, Headmaster," Scorpius looked down.

She turned around and the wall in front of her became a door, which she pushed open to reveal a room with scorched walls and piles of stuff.

"What is this place?" I stepped inside.

Scorpius stepped in after me. "This is the Room of Requirement. My dad told me all about it. Wow, I can't believe I'm actually in it after all these years. The Wizarding War was practically a bedtime story. Dad thought the room was destroyed."

"It's a magical room. Of course it's not destroyed," Mcgonagall said. "And you're going to organize it."

"All of it?" I scrunched my face and spun in a circle to take in all of the stuff laying across the floor.

"As much as you can get done in an hour. Start here." She pointed to a table covered in miscellaneous items and then walked out.

"Great. Look what you did."

"What I did?" Scorpius asked. "I didn't start the fight."

"You hurt Cindy."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I feel awful. But all I did was tell her I didn't like her. I thought that's what you wanted..."

"I didn't want you to break her heart, you arsehole!"

"She seemed fine! I didn't know she'd be so upset."

I pulled a towel out from underneath a pile of books, heaving in a breath, preparing to explode at him, but then a book tumbled off and landed at my feet. Not a book. A diary. And the cover read: 'Anastasia Windsor's Secrets'