The Debate

(A/N): Hello! Thank you for reading, but before you read I please ask you to read this before continuing. In this chapter, I will be introducing Erwin, Levi, Hange, Miche, etc. As far as I am aware, Hange's pronouns are They/Them. However, in the Anime, it is confirmed that Hange is a woman but in the Manga, it was left for the viewer to perceive. I will be using the pronouns She/Her...I am truly sorry if that may offend anyone, I don't mean to, it just makes my writing easier and I am using the Anime gender identity! Thank you for hearing me out, you may read now.

Year 850

"A debate over Eren?" Mikasa asks picking at her food. 

"What for?" She follows up. 

"I'm not really sure but...It might be about what they are planning on doing with him." Armin says leaning far against the table. 

"And what does that mean?" Mikasa says looking up at Armin. 

"It means they may not let him live..." I say splitting half of Armin's bread. 

Armin gives me a death glare while a shrug and nibble on it. 

*BAM* 

Mikasa slammed her hands on the table and hyperventilates. 

"Hey, Mikasa, are you-" I reach for her arm as three soldiers come bursting through the doors. 

"Cadet Mikasa Ackerman, Cadet Armin Alert, and Cadet (y/n) (l/)! Hop to!" Armin and I rise.  

"Sir!" Armin says as Mikasa turns only her head. 

"You three are were ordered to attend and act as witnesses at today's deliberation!" The man says holding a clipboard. 

"Why was I dragged into this..." I say dragging my feet. 

"Because you saw Eren, you know Eren, and he probably said something," Armin says slapping my back.  

"Of course..." I say as Armin grabs my hand. 

--------------------------------- 

*CREAK* 

There was Eren, he was coming through the doors with his hands behind his back, being seated on the floor with a pole behind him holding his hands.

Mikasa, Armin, and I were escorted to the Courthouse where we were seated front row with fellow Garrion's, such as Rico. 

He looked terrified, probably wondering why he was there or why people were staring at him all weird. As he looked around the room he paused and sized the three of us up one by one. 

"All right, shall we begin?" A man came through the door setting his cloak to the side of him, adjusting his glasses. 

"Ahem, your name is Eren Yeager. And as a soldier, you have sworn to give your life when called to, for the good of the people. Is that correct?" Zachary asked looking done at a piece of paper. 

"Yes," Eren responded. 

"As an enlisted soldier during a time of war, military doctrine demands your tribunal be held as a court-martial. As a Commander of our armed forces, this matter is left to my discretion." He takes a brief pause and looks up to Eren. 

"Thus I decide whether you live or die." Zachary finished. 

Armin looks back at Eren, "I knew it." He whispers. 

I take his hand and squeeze it, reassuring everything would be fine. 

"Any objections?" Zachary asks.