0055

// tw: mentions of suicides

// KANGHYEWON's

OCTOBER 29, 2018

- eyes are one private mental institution -

"Ms. Kang, welcome! Have a sit." The head doctor said as he offered the empty sofa on her left side. Agad akong umupo at inilibot ko ng tingin ko sa buong office nya. Her office is actually wide, as expected since her position is the highest in this institution. 

She might like burgundy, it's the theme of her office. Kaunti lang din ang mga gamit, she's a minimalist for sure.

I saw her name plate, the one in her desk. 'HA SOOYOUNG, HEAD DOCTOR'

"Do you like my office?" Nagulat ako sa bigla nyang pagsalita sa tabi ko, I almost forgot that I'm with her inside the office.

"Yes, it's simple but spacious." Sagot ko, she smiled at me before she sips her tea.

"Oh, you want tea, coffee or juice?" She asked  me, ngumiti lang ako at umiling.

"I'm fine Dr. Ha, kakainom ko lang din ng kape bago ako pumunta dito" Kinakabahan talaga ako, di ko lang pinahalata. She's intimidating but she's actually so sweet. 

Napahawak ako nang mahigpit sa i.d ko, today is my first day as a psychiatric nurse here in Eyes Are One a private mental institution.

"Nurse Kang, are you somewhat nervous because of me?" She asked me, dahan-dahan akong tumango sakanya bilang sagot.

She laughed loudly, ako naman 'tong parang tanga di alam kung bakit sya tumatawa.

"Don't be nervous in front of me" the tone of her eyes suddenly changed, "You should be nervous in the patient I'm assigning you to."

Di ako nakasagot, how could she say I shouldn't be nervous to her but to my patient instead? Isn't that the same thing?

"What do you mean Doctor?" I asked politely and nervously. Tumayo sya sa upuan nya at may kinuha sa desk nya, it's a red folder.

"This is your patient's files through the year, I'll lend this to you para mas makilala mo sya."
Agad ko namang tinanggap ang folder at binuksan ito nang dahan-dahan.

"Her name is Kwon Eunbi, she's one of the first patient here in the hospital and I can tell
na mahirap sya alagaan because of her condition." Rinig ko na sabi ni Dr. Ha.