chapter 11. point rain.

"I cannot believe we're back here again," Obi-Wan says, a hint of worry in his voice, as our cruiser approaches the planet Geonosis. I give him a sympathetic look. He's told me the stories of the first time he was here.

"It is unfortunate," Master Mundi, who stands on his other side, agrees. "The resistance from the native Geonosians was stronger than we anticipated."

"The same can be said for their loyalty to Count Dooku," Obi-Wan adds.

"A fact that is often overlooked," Master Mundi says. Anakin and Ahsoka approach behind us.

Obi-Wan turns to them. "You're late."

"Sorry Master, Ahsoka and I were busy routing the Seppies near Dorin," Anakin responds.

"My squadron alone had 55 kills," Ahsoka boasts to Anakin.

"Yeah, but mine had 76," Anakin says with a smirk.

Ahsoka rolls her eyes. "Show-off."

"Well, I'm glad you two are enjoying yourselves," Obi-Wan says sarcastically.

"Hey, it's just a little friendly competition, Master," Anakin defends.

"Yeah, lighten up, Master, I think it sounds fun!" I agree.

"See, Arlo gets it! Nothing to worry about," Anakin adds.

Obi-Wan strokes his beard. "What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out with no end in sight."

"Which is why it is crucial our invasion of Geonosis meets with success," Master Mundi tells him.

"Agreed. Ahsoka, contact the Outer Rim Command. We're ready for our briefing," Anakin says.

"They're already waiting for us," Ahsoka informs.

A few minutes later, the five of us stand around a holotable. The holograms of Chancellor Palpatine, Master Yoda, and Master Windu tower over us. Master Unduli's hologram stands next to Master Mundi.

"Our ships are in position and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians," Obi-Wan informs them.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Master Windu questions.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here," he answers as he pulls up a hologram of the terrain and points to it. "The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Ki-Adi, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

"Isn't it risky commuting three generals to one area of the attack?" the Chancellor asks. "If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow."

"To ensure that rise again, Geonosis does not, capture Poggle, we must," Yoda tells him.

"Of course. As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi," the Chancellor replies.

"Our thanks, Chancellor," Obi-Wan says.

"May the Force be with you," Master Windu adds as the call hangs us. Cody and two other clones enter as the call ends.

"Good, Cody," Obi-Wan states as Cody walks up to the holotable, "these are the coordinates for the rendezvous."

"Yes, sir. When we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter there. Getting past their defenses here will be the trick," Cody informs as he points to a spot on the map. "General Mundi will come across the defensive lines from the north. We will make our assault through the middle. General Skywalker will make his attack on the defensive lines from the south, and we will meet at the rendezvous point at 0700 exactly."