The Ring

Year 850

"Up and over Connie!" I say grabbing Connie's arm.

"Yeah, I need that. Thank you." Connie says slowly making his way up on the wall.

"Are you injured at all?" Mikasa asks, walking up.

"Nah, I'm okay. But, Reiner's wounded." I clench my fist as Sasha comforts me, putting her arm around me.

"Ymir has defiantly seen better days..." Connie says as we look over at Ymir who is getting treated by Nifa, Historia, and Moblit.

"I wonder who would've pegged her for a Titan...Are they-" Mikasa cuts off Sasha's thinking.

"Sasha," Mikasa says looking at her dead in the eye.

'I'm not the one to be cocky, but, I have a pretty good read of people and I never truly understood Ymir. I only viewed Ymir as a fellow soldier who had a bit of an attitude, yet had a soft spot for some tiny girl.'

"We all on the same page?" Hange says out of nowhere, making me jump.

"We'll decide what to do with Ymir later. Oh, and Connie, chin up. I ordered a squad to investigate your village. As of now, stay focused. I want the energy on the task at hand, got it?" Hange says making her way closer to Connie, making him look up.

"Yes!" Connie responds.

"As of you, (y/n), I expect your senses to be extra high. It's troubling, you would expect this area to be flooded with Titans." Hange says looking off into the distance.

*CLOP CLOP*

"Hm?" Sasha hums walking to the edge of the wall to the sound of horse's hooves.

"Hannes?" She questions as Mikasa and I run over.

"Is that the Garrison advanced squad? Tell me they've located the breach." Hange says as Hannes makes his way over to the wall.

--------------------------------------------

"Wall's perfectly fine." He says trying to get up the wall.

"What?" Eren asks as I grab Hannes's arm to pull him up.

"We spent all night trying to find out where they are getting in." He pauses taking a breath as he pats my back and nods.

"But, between Trost and Krolva District, there is nothing...No hole anywhere." He says.

"That's impossible!" Hange shouts.

"Yeah, last time I checked there is no such thing as 'flying Titans.' nor can the climb flat surfaces," I add.

"We ran into a search party from Krolva and retraced our steps...Not to mention, there were no Titans." Hannes says.

"But we know for a fact that there are Titans on this side of Wall Rose." Armin jerks his head.

Eren rolls his eyes, "Oh C'mon. How much have you had to drink, seriously?"

"Why you little!" Hannes gets sidetracked with another thought.

"Hey wait a minute, what the hell are you kids doing here anyway?" Eren and Armin's eyes widen.

*DRIP DROP*

I hold out my hand, "Hey, it's raining." I say as Armin looks unamused.

"Way to point out the obvious..." He says. 

"What~?" I drag on my word.

"If there's no breach, then I guess we have to change tactics," Hange says making her way up front.