Chapter 2: Breakfast

Toni's POV

Cheryl's driver opened the door for me. "Thanks, Kyle," I said with a friendly smile.

"No problem, Ms. Topaz." He returned the same smile. Cheryl connected our pinkies as we entered IHOP.

Paparazzi were flashing us with cameras, and people shoving notepads at us as they yelled excitedly. I looked at Cheryl with a pout, knowing she'd give in. As I expected, Cheryl sighed, pushing her glasses up on her head.

"Just a few, TT. JJ and my parents are waiting." Cheryl said. "Yay!" I said excitedly. I smiled at a little girl who had her phone ready, I gently took it before standing beside her and taking the picture. "Thank you so much!" She cried happily before running back to her mom.

After a few more autographs and pictures, Cheryl connected out pinkies once more before pulling me into IHOP.

"Auntie Toni!" Jordan cheered, his small little feet hitting against the ground as he ran towards Cheryl and me. "Hey, Little Guy!" I smiled, tickling the 4-year-old boy. "I missed you, " I said.

He laid his head on my shoulder, waving at Cheryl. "And I'm your blood aunt." Cheryl huffed playfully.

"Too bad, Too sad," I smirked as Cheryl pulled us toward the table.

"Toni, Dear!" Penelope smile, standing up to hug my side. "Hey, Ms. B." I chuckled. "Are you excited about turning 24?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Just getting older." I said, placing Jordan in his high chair. "Sup, Jason." I waved. He smiled, nodding at me.

We've had a strange bond since we didn't talk much growing up, but he always stood by my side most of the time through high school.

"Mr. B." I smiled, sitting beside Cheryl. "Always good to see you, Toni. Cheryl here blabs about how she can't wait to see you." He smirked, obviously teasing his redheaded daughter.

"Father, " Cheryl sent him a warning glare, "I thought we agreed..." She trailed. I raised my brow, looking around the table. "Is there something I should know?" I asked.

"No! No, there's nothing, TT. Just something between my dad and me. Which I would like to stay between us until I'm ready." She said, looking at her father. He chuckled, raising his hands in surrender.

"Okay, Cher. Okay." He said as the waiter took our order. I looked at Cheryl who looked visibly uncomfortable, I gave her a sweet reassuring smile which seemed to calm her down a bit.

Once we ordered, we started small talk, laughing and joking. "Auntie Toni said she'll get me a dog for Christmas!" Jordan said.

Jason tickled his side, "No dog." He giggled, "It's bad enough we already have Cheryl." he smirked.

"Hey!" Cheryl said offended. I laughed as I gave Jason a fist bump.

"TT, you're supposed to be my best friend." Cheryl pouted playfully. The table erupted into laugher but died down once our food came and we ate in comfortable silence.

-----

Cheryl's POV

Once we left the restaurant, I pulled my father to the side. "I'm sorry, Cher. I wasn't thinking." He said soon as I was about to open my mouth. "You seriously could've ruined it, Dad," I said.

"I know, I know, I just go excited." He said with a small chuckle.

"I know... Just, I want to tell her on my terms. So next time just be careful." I said. He nodded, kissing my cheek before going to my mother.

"Later, Guys!" Toni called Jason drove away. "Ready, T?" I asked, linking our pinkies.

"Yeah." She nodded as Kyle opened the door for us. Thank God the paparazzi went away.

We drove back to my house with a plan to watch a movie together. "So it's either 'Little' or 'Annie (2014)" I said as I unlocked my house door.

"Annie, I'm in the mood for it," Toni said, sliding off her shoes.

"Annie it is." I smiled walking to my living room. Even though I had a theater room I felt more comfortable on the couch.

We got our snacks together before meeting on the couch. I sighed as I grabbed my remote and played the movie.

Throughout the movie, Toni would hum some of the songs which made me smile knowing she still loves this movie.

"I can't believe your turning 24!" I chuckled as the credits to the movie started rolling. Toni Snickers, "Better believe it, Blossom. Because I'm gonna be older than you." She teased.

I giggled, shaking my head. "I remember when we fought because I came to realize that you were older than me. You had to bribe me with frozen yogurt because I refused to talk to you if you didn't." I smiled.

"Oh yeah! 3rd grade, that was our first ever fight. I didn't know what to do, so I went to Jason and he said that you just needed a little push." Toni explained.

"I was petty, Huh?" I asked. Toni looked away making me slap her arm playfully.

"We've been best friends since kindergarten." Toni nodded, "I remember when Ronnie tried to 'steal' me away from you and you poured all of the glitters in her hair!" Toni laughed.

"Or that time in middle school, I punched that boy chuck in the nose because he was making you uncomfortable," I said.

"Noooo, he asked me to the school dance, you punched him because you got jealous since we agreed to go together." Toni chuckled, making my cheeks go red.

"But why? I never really asked you." Toni said, sitting cross-legged as she faced me.

I bit the inside of my cheek 'Do I tell her?' I asked myself.

"Uh... That's a good question." I chuckled nervously.

"Cher... Come on, I know you better than anyone. And by what I saw what happened between you and your father, you're keeping something from me." She said, grabbing my hand.

"I'm sure whatever it is, we will figure it out as we always do. Remember that time in 8th grade where you had your first period and you didn't know? I helped you remember? And we got through it." She said.

I nodded, feeling my heart beat fast. "Well..." I trailed.