Chapter 15: Trying For A Baby

1 year later
Cheryl's POV

Today is the day Toni and I have been waiting for. After we got married last year, we decided to wait to have a baby. Now here we are, at the fertility hospital.

"Good morning, Ladies. I'm doctor May, and I will be helping you along this journey." She smiled at us, shaking both of our hands.

"It's nice to meet you." Toni smiled. "Great, let's get started shall we?" She asked as we nodded. "So, last week when you were here they did prepare you right?" She asked once more.

"Yeah, we talked about how it'll work and how it'll go through." Toni nodded as she held my hand. "You know a lot about your donor?" She asked as she typed on the keyboard. "Yes, " Toni answered for us.

"Great, we have a simple of your eggs, and Toni's spit, then we can eject you. But remember it doesn't always work. And if it doesn't, we have 3 more eggs here." She explained. (A/N: I know that's not how it works!)

"Great, sounds amazing." I nodded.

******
2 weeks later
Toni's POV

Cheryl was in the bathroom taking a test as I paced around our bedroom. I was so nervous, I was hoping she was pregnant but it's okay if she isn't. We can always try again. I took a deep breath as I played with my fingers.

Soon she opened the bathroom door, her face red and stained with tear streaks. "Are you...?" I asked.

She nodded, a big smile coming across her face. "TT! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!" She giggled happily. I smiled, picking her up as I spun us around. "Oh my God! I'm so excited!" I squealed as Cheryl giggled. I placed her on the ground gently, as I pulled her into a kiss, holding her waist.

I got down on my knees before lifting Cheryl's shirt. "Hey, baby girl-or-boy. This is momma speaking. Mommy and Momma can't wait to meet you!" I spoke softly making Cheryl giggle through her tears.

I stood up before pecking her lips, "Oh! We have to tell everyone!" I said, grabbing my phone. "TT, wait! You can't, remember? We have to wait until we are out of the danger zone." Cheryl explain. "Oh, Yeah." I pouted.

She smiled, wrapping her arms around my waist as she handed me the positive pregnancy test. "Ugh, best day ever." I smiled, kissing Cheryl's nose.

"I love you, beautiful," I said. "I love you more, TT." She smiled, pecking my lips.

******
1 week later
Cheryl's POV

"Ready for your first ultrasound?" Doctor May asked. "Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed to calm my nerves.

Toni held my hands as the doctor on my stomach. I winced from the cold but quickly recovered once I saw the screen.

"Three..." Toni mumbled. "I-It says three sources..." Toni spoke aloud.

I look confused as the doctor smiled at us. Congratulations! Your having triplets!" She cheered.

"I- no way! Is- there's gotta be some mistake!" I said a smile on my face. "Nope, this is all yours." She said as she double-checked. "Triplets is in your pregnancy future." She smiled.

I looked at Toni who had tears in her eyes. She kissed my temple as we stared at our three little beans. "This is so exciting!" I wiped my tears.

"I'll go print out pictures, " She excused herself.

"Wow, Baby... Triplets. The donor must have it in his family." Toni said, kissing my cheek. "Are you happy?" She asked.

"To be honest, I don't know how to feel." I said, "I'm happy but at the same time I'm worried." I added.

Toni sighed, "Rember before we started all this I told you how worried I was about being a bad parent? Because I didn't have my parents in my life, I was afraid that I'd be just like them?" She asked. I nodded, "I told you not to worry because you will be an amazing parent." I smiled at the memory.

"We're in this together okay? For the long run." She spoke softly. "For the long run," I repeated, linking our pinkies together.

"We're going to make the best parents." Toni smiled at the ultrasound sound on the screen. "We are." I nodded, every mixed emotion going away but happiness.