Chapter 9: Wedding Planning

1 week later

Cheryl's POV

"So we need orchids and pink roses. Make sure the roses are pink!" Toni spoke to the flower florist. I giggled as my fiancee stressed herself out.

"Babe, Chill. The wedding isn't until a few months from now. Let Kevin and Betty do their thing. All we need to do is show up." I said, pulling Toni down on the bed.

She hung up the phone before leaning up to kiss me. "You're right, it's just I want this to be perfect for you." She sighed. I smiled, "TT, we could get married in a monster truck rally, I don't care as long as I get to say 'I do' okay?" I reassured her. Toni gave me a light smile, "Of course, my love." She pecked my lips once more.

My phone ringed, mentioning that Betty was calling. I picked up, "Hey, B. What's up?"

"Well, You and Toni have to go cake tasting next week. And Toni needs to get down to Kevin's fashion studio so he can fit her for the dress she wants. And you for your dress."

"Yeah, Okay. Say what time and when." I nodded.

*******

6 days later *Cake tasting*

"I'll leave you, two girls, to it. I'll be back in 15 minutes." The woman told us as she nodded towards the cakes. Toni and I smiled as we walked towards the tables filled with cake.

"This one first," Toni said as she picked up a red velvet one. "Looks good, let's see how it tastes," I said, handing her a fork.

We both dug in, putting some in our mouths. "Mmm. First, try." Toni chuckled, her mouth full of cake. "This tastes amazing." I nodded.

"It's called red velvet delight. It's delightful alright." Toni nodded, eating more.

"Great, let's look at more," I said.

By the time we were done, we had 5 flavors picked out. " We only have to choose 3 since we are gonna just have 3 tiers," Toni said as we narrowed it down.

"Red velvet delight was amazing. So that's our first choice." I nodded. "Agreed, my love." She smiled.

"I also liked the sky blue confetti," Toni said, pointing to the light blue cake. "I like that one too, but that's a bit too dry," I said.

"No, you just have poor taste." Toni shot back making me roll my eyes.

Before we could argue, the timer went off so we choose Red Velvet delight, vanilla bean, and Sky blue confetti.

*********
3 weeks later

Toni's Pov

Today was the day that I go get my dress fitted. Cheryl was very about all of this. With the wedding being on 3 months away, after this everything would be set. "I can't wait to have your last name." Cheryl smiled as she squeezed my hand while I drove.

I smiled, "I can't wait to call you my wife." I pulled up to Kevin's office as Cheryl got out of the car, we linked out pinkies together. This started when Cheryl was nervous about her interview with one of her favorite colleges. I remember I linked my pinkie with hers to calm her down, and to let her know that I was there.

"I'm so excited!" Cheryl squealed, tightening her pinkie around mine. I smiled as we approached the desk. "Hi, We are here for dress fitting with Kevin Keller," I said since Cheryl was too busy bouncing in her spot.

"Yes, Mr. Keller is waiting for you in his office. just take the elevator to the 10th floor." The woman nodded, handing us visitor stickers.

When we entered the elevator, Cheryl pulled me into a passionate kiss. I smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. Soon the elevator doors open, we heard someone clear their throat.

I pulled away slowly, looking over at Kevin. "Really, ladies? In my elevator?" He groaned. I smirked, "Really, Kev? Visitor stickers?" Kevin rolled his eyes, "Just come on, Cher you with me. Toni, My assistant, Lucas, is with you today." He pointed to a man carrying fabrics.

I pecked Cheryl's lips before mumbling 'I love you.' to each other. Lucas led me to one of the fitting rooms. "Just stand up there and we can get started." He pointed to the stand. I nodded and followed his instructions.

Cheryl's POV

"This is a dream come true," I whispered as I looked over the dress I choose. "You look beautiful, Cher. Toni is going to cry like a baby when she sees you." Kevin smiled.

"I have never thought in a million years that I'd be marrying Toni. It was just a fantasy at first, seeing her going through breakups, and toxic relationships made me feel like she needs better." I smiled.

"Well, I guess you're giving her what she deserves. I love you two together." Kevin chuckled, fixing my dress. "Is this the one, Cher?" He asked.

I looked in the mirror, tears threatening to spill as I nodded my head, "This is the one." I chuckled happily through my tears.

Toni's POV

"Yeah, this is the one." I smiled. "You look great." Lucas smiled, fixing the back as he did more measurements.

"Have you ever been to a wedding?" I asked as I looked in the mirror. "Yep, my own. Been married to my husband for 3 years." He chuckled.

"Really? Congratulations!" I smiled. "Thank you. He's even more annoying than he was before." He joked. I chuckled, "I don't think I'd ever get tired of Cheryl. I mean, I grew up with her, so I don't think this will be any different. I'd just love her more and more."

"That's amazing. Being your wife's best friend is the best way to a healthy marriage. It means that whatever happens, you guys will still have that connection." He said.

I nodded with a smile. I'm marrying Cheryl Blossom!