Chapter 1: Introduction

Walking down the empty streets, bag held tightly against his chest, a force of habit that he no longer took note of, Yoongi had his head down counting all the spurts of vegetation he saw along the sidewalk.

Today was one of those rare days where he was actually able to just relax without having to worry or think about work. So he could just go home and relax, have a late night if he wanted even. The thought of it upped his mood. He could get some proper sleep.

The sky above was decorated with gray, ever accumulating clouds, threatening to shower down with clear translucent little droplets, and Yoongi knew he should probably speed up his pace, but he couldn't bring himself to.

He wondered at the climates ability to change the weather as if it were simply breathing. He thought the weather in general was much like a human's mood. It could change within an instant without warning or reason.

Though he hoped the rain would hold up at least until he got back home. The thought of walking in wet clothes, soaking socks, and squishy sneakers was the last thing in his agenda for the day.

The streets were quiet, except for the odd person every now and then walking along, which wasn't surprising or new to the neighbourhood.

And by the time Yoongi finally made it to his apartment complex he was grateful that the rain had spared him and that he was able to make it back in time, but he was sure it'd start coming down soon.

Climbing the stairs to the third floor, every step taken reverberates and bounces off the walls in the quiet complex like stone against tile.

Reaching to get the keys, Yoongi opens the faded brown door and walks into his apartment, which was nothing much, but it was home.

The walls were white, fading into gray almost, along them hung a few pictures, two college diplomas, and drawings of random things. The lounge and kitchen were basically one room if it weren't for the door-less wall dividing them. Then, next to the kitchen on the right was the passage, leading to two bedrooms and a bathroom at the end. It really wasn't much, but it had a homey feeling to it, and that's what Yoongi loved about it.

Removing his shoes to place them next to the door, he puts his bag down on top of the little bookshelf that stood next to the wall as you walk in, but not before taking his phone out.

The 'lounge' consisted of a three seater couch and one single one with a small table in front of them, and a small tv in front of that, it wasn't all that spacious due to the limited amount of room, but still.

Yoongi goes to lie down on the couch long ways, his feet just going over its edge. He plops his head down on the armrest with a pillow and goes to check his messages, finding none he puts the phone down on the table, rolling onto his back right after, a small lazy sigh falling from his lips.

He closes his eyes, an arm draped over his forehead as he relaxes into the cushioned furniture, a calm feeling settling in him.

Unfortunately, it was short-lived as he still had a few things to do. Only then could he properly relax. So, getting up from the couch, he lazily walks to the bathroom to get the reasonably full laundry basket and then takes it to the kitchen; where the washing machine is.

He hardly ever did the washing, and since he was home early, it was only fair that he did it. It wasn't like he minded anyway.

So, for the next thirty minutes, while he waited for the washing to finish with his first load, he cleaned up a bit as well. By then, the rain had already started as well as it hit against the windows, creating a symphony of sounds.

And it was just after he'd put in the second load that he heard the sound of the main door opening, followed by the sound of footsteps and the door closing again.