Chapter 21

Dions POV
————————————————————————
When I woke up again it was dark outside and Sebb was gone. He probably already woke up. I walked out the cave to see Sebb gathering the hunters. I walked over to them and said "I'll take it from here Sebb." He looked back at me a little startled and replied "okay."

I looked at the hunting wolves and said "let's go we need as much time as we can get! We don't want to waste any!" Then I started running off and they followed after me. After about 2 and a half hours I decided we needed to go back. Everyone seemed exhausted and rightfully so. They had been carrying food and hunting for 2 and a half hours.

We slowly made our way back to the camp with all the food we had. Of course a few wolves had been going back and forth between the hunting pack and the camp to bring back some of the gatherings but we never sent more than 2 to go back with some of the food since we were such a small group.

As we slowly got there some of the wolves from the pack rushed over and took the food from us relieving us of the weight. I watched as the hunting wolves walked to the big cave and collapsed from the exhaustion. I think I pushed them a bit too far... but it was necessary so that everyone would have a proper meal for dinner, tomorrow and the day after.

I walked over to the small cave Sebb had made me sleep in only a couple hours back and later down. My feet hurt but not just my feet my whole body ached. I hadn't just pushed the hunting pack. I had pushed myself too much. First running from the hunters that invaded our home, than the searching for food once we had settled down after a few hours of searching for it and now by hunting for 2 and a half hours and to think that this was all in the last 48 hours.

I had laid down for about an hour when Sebb came in. He looked at me a little surprised before saying "why aren't you asleep?" "I'm not tired smile as that." I watched as Sebb came closer towards me and lay next to me. His tail wrapped around mine and said "I am," as he had said that he started to close his eyes. I kissed his forehead and said "goodnight babe."

He snuggled more into me as a reply. His head was now hidden in my neck as he buried himself there. I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew this, I wasn't tired at all but now that Sebb was there cuddled up to me I was. I could feel my eyelids close and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

Next day

I woke up early the next morning and I knew what I had to do. Ash had come up to me right before I fell asleep and told me that the scouts had come back. They had found way too many flaws for the area and we needed to leave asap.

So when I woke up I decided to wake up Ash and tell him I would be leaving for a bit to find a good area to settle for a little longer than this area. I ran off into a direction and kept running for a while. Looking for any clearing I could found which could be a potential temporary home.