Chapter 23

Dions POV
————————————————————————
I had been running around for about 3-4 hours and I had found the perfect place to stay. The place we would be calling home. I was looking around the area it was perfect. I started running back towards where the pack was. I looked up and saw something I had completely forgotten about.

It was the eclipse today. And I was still around 2-3 hours away and looking at the sun the eclipse would be there in one. I started running faster. "I'll make it," I told myself. I ran through the woods taking any shortcuts or clear paths that I could see.

I had been running for awhile when I looked up. The eclipse was happening in about 30 minutes and I was still awhile out. That was until I suddenly heard a noise. And I knew that noise way too well. It was a train. I ran over to the track and saw the train approaching.

I needed to somehow jump onto the back of it. And seeing as I used to do this as a kid for fun I knew I'd make it. And I jumped off the ground landing perfectly onto the back of the train. I knew at that moment that I was going to make it back on time.

All I now needed was a drink. I had been running for a while and was extremely thirsty. I turned into my human form and went inside of the train. However I was horrified as to what I saw. Wolves. All in small cages. I suddenly heard a door opening and I quickly turned into a wolf hiding from whoever was about to open the door to the room.

At this moment I was very thankful for my black fur. This made it impossible for the person to see me. I looked up at where they were standing and saw a hunter. I looked at the wolf that was closest to me and whispered quietly "what happened here?" The wolf turned away from me and I thought that they wouldn't answer me but to my surprise they said "they found our pack... they killed our alpha in front of us and then put us all in cages."

The hunter looked at the wolf who was speaking to me and said "silence wolf!" Spitting all of his words. And with that he left. I went over to the wolf and said "I'll get you all out of here." I thought for a minute and then said "I'm going to need you all to howl so that someone opens the door again okay?" The wolves all nodded and waited for me to signal.

I got into position and then nodded. They looked at each other and howled. And right on queue someone came in. After they stepped into the room I crept out behind them. Leaving the wolves there. I stepped into a bright room and I thought 'my fur isn't going to help me this time. I scanned the room and saw three hunters a little further up. I immediately crept into a dark spot so I could look around.

Luckily for me there were a lot of hiding spaces in the compartment making it easy for me to slip by the hunters. But now I needed to get the keys that I had spotted on one of the hunters. The only problem was that I needed to somehow get the keys off one of the hunter's belt without being caught.

I waited for the perfect moment to grab the keys and as I did so I started listening to what the hunters were saying. "Those stupid wolves am I right?" The hunter with the keys said. "You wish! those wolves are smarter than you will ever be," another hunter said pushing the hunter to the chair I was hiding under. To my luck I saw the keys fall off of the hunter and I put out my paw just about catching them in time before it dropped and made noise.

Now all I needed to do was get back to the other wolves, get them out and get back to the pack before the eclipse happened. I easily slipped back to the door just as the hunter who went in came out. And just like I had before I slipped into the other room behind them all while I had the keys in my mouth.

Within minutes I had all the wolves out. I turned into my human form and opened the back door letting all the wolves out onto the balcony bit. When everyone was out I turned into my wolf form and said "jump quickly one after another so we aren't far apart in 3 2 1!" And they jumped just like I told them to.

Waiting until I was one of the last ones until I saw a pup standing by who I presumed was the mother. We were the last three and I said "jump now I'll get the pup!" To the mother who did as she was told. I quickly grabbed the pup and jumped landing perfectly as the wolves ran towards us.

I put the pup down and the wolf I had first talked to came up to me and to my surprise bowed down. Then all the other wolves followed bowing down in front of me. I was about to speak when the one in front of me said "we have no alpha and you as an alpha saved us. So we want you to be our alpha if you accept."

I looked down at them and said "stand I don't allow my pack to bow down to me." They all stood up and were all smiling with joy. But that was when I realised I had completely forgotten about the eclipse. I looked up and saw we were about 15 minutes until the eclipse "No time to chat we have an eclipse on our hands! Follow me quickly quietly!" I said grabbing the pup and putting them on my back.

"Hold on little one," I said before running off with the pack behind me. The wolf that I had first spoken to came up to me and said "Alpha with all due respect we have around 15 minutes until the eclipse wouldn't it be smarter stop and to dig a home for the next 24 hours while we wait out the eclipse?"

"That would be smart if we weren't around 5 minutes away from the rest of your new pack and your other alpha. I just realised I still don't know your name" "Amy the daughter of our old alpha. But we have two alphas?" "Nice to meet you Amy I'm sorry for you lose but yes you now have two alphas speaking of I should probably contact him and tell him about our newly found members." I mind linked Sebb's mind with mine and just as I did I heard Sebb think 'I need Dion in my life and I don't know what I will do without him. I don't know how I could live without him!' 'Aww thats adorable babe.'