Chapter 1

Dions POV
———————————————————————-
It's been a week
no pack,
no food,
no home,
not even a friend.

Shunned out for something I didn't do,
for what they did,
that put me in trouble
that pushed me out..

Now I go up to the moon,
I stare at it before howling,
howling in sadness,
howling in fear,
howling in pain.

I miss everyone.
How I was with them for oh so long.
I miss the days we learnt to walk
to the days we hunted our pray
pouncing on them and having them surrounded
before eventually eating them,
I missed my friends.
but most of all,
I miss my family.

Hi I'm Dion a disappointment of a wolf. All I can think about are how everyone in my old pack is. But it's just me now. Me, myself and I. In the forest. I was apart of the small portion of wolves that still lived in the wilderness. The rest all lived like humans. I guess we are part human but doesn't mean we have to walk around like those disgusting things.

I looked out to the moon once again that day before howling. Then I walked away from the rock that I was standing on. To a little cave I walked. Staying in my wolf form so that I'd be small enough to sleep comfortably. But sleeping in wolf form without a pack in the wilderness was dangerous.

Us wolves in the wilderness get hunted by the filthy humans that don't want us on this earth. Even if we are stronger, we don't have guns. I fell asleep in the cave only to be woken up hours later.

It was still dark but I heard a noise. A noise that I knew all to well. Humans. Hunters. I was in danger. I used my nose to figure out exactly where they were before I leaped out of the cave in the other direction. Running for my life. But I was too late.

Bang

I was shot. I had almost missed it completely but my tail took the bullet. I whimpered. But I kept running. I needed to get away. I tried to make sure there wasn't a blood trail but running away in pain for my life I couldn't really focus on that.

Suddenly I heard something around me. People. I'd run right into a town. But this wasn't a normal town. No they smelt different. Wolves. I could smell it. I tried to turn into my human form but I remembered one thing my mom had taught me.

"You can't turn if you are hurt, sick or have some sort of disease." I'd never gotten hurt or anything so I was always able to turn but the feeling of not being able to turn to my other form felt weird. I felt vulnerable. I ran out of the town.

Even if they were wolves they didn't know us wild wolves. They never would understand us. I ran for about an hour in the woods before I came to a stop. I felt a little dizzy from the lose of blood. I looked for a cave to crash for the night. However I had no such luck. After about an hour I felt too dizzy to carry on. I fell down and everything went black.