Chapter 19

Dions POV
————————————————————————
I watched as Susan started making her way slowly to Sebb's head. And I can't tell you how much my heart dropped when Sebb flipped his head back. My world slowed down as I saw Susan flying in the air. But then went back to normal when I saw Sebb catching her.

We speed up and ran until we suddenly heard a gun shot. But it wasn't anywhere close. No it was far away. It seemed to be coming back from the now abandoned home. "Follow Sebb everyone," I said through gritted teeth. Then I dropped to the back and started counting everyone. We didn't miss anyone? So why were there gun shots? I kept recounting until I had completely reassured myself that we had everyone.

Then I ran back to the front and took the lead again. We ran for about an hour and then we had found a little bit of a clearing. I started going into a walk and everyone followed. I put Ryan down and then said "we will stay here for the night and maybe this will be our next home but for now get a cave built for us all." I watched as everyone except a few rushed to one spot of a little hill and started digging.

I watched as Sebb put Susan down and then I said "you know you really scared me when you were moving Susan." "Well at least I caught her," Sebb giggled. "Can you guide the pack for a bit I have to go do something," "what are you going to do," Sebb said a little concerned. "Just check the perimeter make sure we are safe I'll be back in a bit okay?" "Okay," he said but I could tell he was a little worried.

To be totally fair I didn't really want to check the area I wanted to get food for the morning so we could carry on running tomorrow. But I wasn't going to tell Sebb that because he would worry about me and make me stay and get some sleep. Everyone was at this point helping with the cave except the little ones and Sebb and I. So I looked at him and said "babe don't worry about me I'll be back in half an hour at most,"

"Okay.." I kissed his forehead and said "stop worrying, now go get some sleep." He nodded and went to the cave helping everyone to make it. I started running. I was very tired from the day but as alpha I needed to get food for everyone. I wasn't going to let everyone starve like the first day I officially became alpha.

I wouldn't allow it. I found quiet a few animals but it would only be enough for the morning not so much lunch. But I could feel my legs shaking because of how tired I was and carrying all the food back didn't help that. I slowly tugged all of it back.

When I had eventually gotten to the cave I realised an hour and a half had gone by. I walked inside and put the food away before going to the sleeping Sebb and cuddling up to him. Falling asleep almost instantly.