Chapter 20

Sebbs POV
———————————————————————
I was the first wolf to wake up and I really wanted to fall back asleep but I knew today would be a rough day. We would have no food until later in the da-... wait. What is that smell.

I opened my eyes and looked around seeing the food. Dion... I looked back at him and saw how tired he looked. Always the kind and caring wolf right Di? I lay back down and snuggled up to him and as I did so I felt his tail creep up on mine. He wrapped his tail around mine. Dion deserved a good rest and definitely after yesterday.

But I needed to wake someone up to stand guard for a bit and to make sure no one eats too much food. I looked around from where I was cuddled up to Dion and saw a sleeping Ash right next to me. I poked him a bit until he turned around and whispered "what," still having his eyes closed.

"Go guard the food make sure no one takes any until Dion and I are awake." He finally opened his eyes and stood up "yes alpha," he whispered before heading to where the food was. I fell back asleep entangled in Dion's tail.

A little while later I woke up again and saw that almost everyone was up. That was everyone but Dion, Ryan, Susan, 3 other wolves and Dion's mom. I got up trying to get my tail out of Dion's tail without waking him up and after a few minutes I was successful in doing so. I walked outside to see hungry wolves talking to each other.

"Who wants food?" I asked. They all turned to me and I said "go wake up everyone except Dion and we can eat." A few wolves headed in and then came out some more wolves including Ryan and Susan. "Good morning everyone! I'll take a bit first for Dion and then once I come back out we can all dig in to the food Dion has kindly gotten us before falling asleep yesterday."

I grabbed a few pieces and brought them into the cave where Dion lay. I put the food next to him and then walked out again. And as soon as I walked in I saw everyone starting to eat the food. I jumped in and ate some and helped some of the pups get some food too.

After it was all done I said "okay now that we are all full I want the hunters to go explore find water sources and scavenge to see if this is a good area to settle or if we need to carry on our search else where. Guards you will split yourselves in half while one half go with the hunters the rest will protect the caves. Teachers carry on teaching the pups. The rest of you try to make the cave a bit bigger so we have more space for tomorrow."

I walked back into the cave after I had Finished off my speech and woke up Dion. "Di wake up," I said slowly nudging him. He opened his eyes and looked up. "Morning," he said in his adorable morning voice. "Eat and then come outside we need to give a few wolves some space," I said before leaving Dion there and going outside myself.

A few minutes later Dion joined me. He looked exhausted still and I didn't blame him. He had gone through a lot yesterday. And then to top it off went to get food for the whole pack. "What are you thinking about?" He said. "How you should go back to sleep.. you look exhausted Di.." I trailed off.

"Wait here," I said. I went back inside and brought two wolves out. I wanted Dion to sleep but he needed a place to sleep in while the cave was being expanded. So I brought two wolves to build a little cave for Dion to sleep in for now.

It only took them a few minutes to make a little tiny cave for Dion to sleep in. "Sebb I don't want to sleep I'm not tired," "said every teenager ever now go inside and sleep." "Sebb I'm really not tired," "will you sleep if I come with you?" I said ignoring what Dion had said. "You aren't going to stop making me go to sleep are you?" "Nope! Now come!" I said walking into the cave.