An Unexpected Surprise

Important Authors note:
Okay, so I don’t want this note to sound rude, but I hate it when people complain about by updating skills. In my opinion, updating every three to four days (with the exception of a longer upload if I get way too busy which only has happened about twice) is VERY good. Some popular writers on here take up to two weeks to upload, and even though my chapters might not be eight pages, I usually always upload frequently. I got a comment on my last chapter from someone and they said that they liked that I upload so quick. I thank them, but I really hate receiving comments when someone says I don’t update enough. It is not possible for me to update every day with some honors classes, a two hour long practice of basketball or an ever longer game after school and homework. Do you know that sometimes I even put my school work aside to update for you guys? I really shouldn’t be doing that, but I hate making you all wait.
So I know that was extremely long and ranty, but I just had to let it out. I hope you all appreciate the time I take out of my day to write this for you all, BUT most of all I hope you all know how much I appreciate your positive feedback and support.

I will try to make the chapters longer, but it's really hard because it takes me a WHILE to sit down and write a lot in one time. I get writters block a lot, and that's why it's hard for me to write long chapters. My attention span wonders and I can't help it please understand this. 

Well, I know that was super long, and give yourself a pat on the back if you actually read it, because I bet a bunch of you just skipped right by it haha. Anyway, enjoy.

Gavin and I had entered the theater ready to max out on some sugary snacks and buttery popcorn when I thought I saw Landon. I laughed at the thought almost immediately. Landon was back at camp, and that guy just happened to look like him from the back. A lot like him.

“Uh, whatchha looking at?”

Gavin’s voice made me turn away from the broad-shouldered guy surrounded by at least three girls and towards him. “Oh nothing, just zoning that’s all.”

He nodded his head and motioned towards the racks of candy and theater popcorn. “So what do you want? I’m buying.”

I looked at the sugary snacks happily. Smiling, I picked out some cookie dough balls and skittles. “Why don’t we share a drink, everything is so expensive here.”

Gavin ordered a large popcorn for our fat asses and paid for the food and drinks. I smiled as we walked towards the theater Red Dawn was playing in.

“Thanks for buying, I could have helped out though.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “It’s not that big of a deal. I don’t mind buying things for you.”

There was something in his voice that made my heart skip a beat. Did Gavin like me? Was this a date? Suddenly he gripped my arm and pulled me towards the theater number six. I shook the funny thoughts away from my head as we entered the dimly lit room. There was no way he could like me. He had never tried anything on me, not even a little kiss or inappropriate touch. I mean, we slept together, as in actually sleeping in the same bed, not sharing fluids and he never tried anything. Any guy who liked me would have tried something by now.

I tripped over one of the steps up the top and Gavin grabbed my hand to help steady me. He didn’t let go as we finished the walk to our seats, and even held it as we sat down. It was just Gavin being friendly, he was always like that. Right?

Suddenly my phone buzzed and I tore my hand away from his. He seemed reluctant but I didn’t give him a choice. The text was from a very gay friend of mine, and I smiled as I pictured his face.

Did you sneak out? Let me guess, Julie caught you and you’re in time out?

Laughing at the text, I replied quickly.

I’m not in time out, I’m actually out at the movies. So text you after the Wolverines!

I turned my phone on silent as the commercials and previews started rolling.

**

The dark lighting faltered and white streamed through the theater. I blinked a few times as the room was filled with light. Gavin stretched out, and I mimicked his formation. As soon as my hands were up in the air he attacked my belly.

“Stop,” I breathed as he finally ended the tickling.

“So how did you like the movie?” he asked as we stood up and made our way towards the doors.