Oh No He Didn't

Well, I apologize for the long wait and thank everyone for their patience. I broke my finger Which sucks because I’m out of basketball for a while and it hurts to type….
Anyway, like I have said in earlier chapter I will be uploading my new story soon. And also, thanks for all the votes and feedback on my recent chapter, I’m glad you have been liking this story.

ENJOYYY
AHHH…enough of my problems…

“You have no idea how much I’m going to miss you,” I said sadly, my arms wrapped tightly around Nathan.

We stayed like that for a little while longer inhaling each other’s familiar scent. Nathan pulled away and opened the door to his car. “I’ll call and stuff don’t worry it will be like I never left.”

Smiling, I gave him one last hug before he got in his car and drove away. I felt like crying once his little yellow bug was out of sight. Sighing, I turned around and headed back down to my cabin. It had been exactly one day since the fight I had with Owen, and I had successfully avoided him with the excuse of being sick. I mean, it was a pretty lame excuse but I got to sit in my cabin all day wearing pajamas and talking to Nathan before he left.

I frowned at the thought of my recently departed friend. Nathan was the only one who had gotten me through the past few days, and now that he was gone, I had no one. I mean, Gavin was always there, but I couldn’t talk to him about Owen and I definitely couldn’t talk to him about Landon knowing. Maybe I could vent to a tree…

A tree wouldn’t give me smart but disappointing feedback.

A tree would just sit and listen to me blab on about all the problems in my life.

Maybe talking to a tree wouldn’t be so bad.

Feeling a tab bit insane, I walked towards my cabin but turned left towards the closest tree. The giant oak stood over me like a giant as I sat down in the grass. I felt the fine blades in between my fingers as I finally thought of something to say.

“Well, I sort of had this crazy idea to talk to a tree and well, I thought maybe you could help, because well you’re a tree. I mean, I don’t know your name but maybe that would help with the whole conversation thing.” I paused for a few seconds before smiling. “So Frank, I’m glad you’re here to listen. Look, have you ever been confused before, like let’s say that there are two really good looking lady trees, and you already know one of them, but you’re not sure you like how they treat you and I mean, the other lady tree is just as delicious, bu-“

“Ah, Mia who are you talking to?”

The sound of a male voice startled me half to death. I looked over my shoulder at Gavin who had a confused expression on his face.

When I didn’t answer he laughed. “Were you just talking to a tree?”

My cheeks blazed red as I realized how crazy I must have sounded. Really Mia talking to a tree? What were you thinking…

“I can see you are taking Nathan’s absents pretty bad if you’ve started talking to a tree,” he said when I didn’t answer again.

From the smile on his face, I could tell he didn’t think I was going completely crazy. “Frank is more than a tree, he’s a true friend and he doesn’t talk back either.”

Gavin chuckled and looked over to the big tree I was lying under. Once he was next to me, we both lied down on our back and looked up at the leafs.

“I didn’t know it-he had a name,” Gavin spoke quietly with a little hint of sarcasm in his voice.
“Well he does,” I replied almost instantly, “and he also has feelings. See look, you made him cry.”

I pointed at two leafs as the fell from their branch. Connected together, they twirled in the air until the ground was upon them. Wow, Gavin probably thought I was going mad.

“Well, I don’t talk tree, but since you seem to, tell Frank I’m sorry.”

Smiling, I turned my head to face Gavin. He mimicked my motions instantly and we were left staring at each other. It wasn’t really awkward at all, it actually felt quite normal. I mean, it was how we sometimes fell asleep when he snuck into my cabin at night. I felt safe and happy around Gavin.

Although the silence was quite nice, finally he spoke up. “So what did you need to get out so badly that you told a tree your problems?”

Sighing, I turned back to look up at the leafs. I could see little patches of baby blue sky seeping through the green plants and thought about what to say. I couldn’t tell him about Owen, he would never look at me the same. I mean, Landon’s reaction was bad enough.

“Well that’s the thing, I don’t really think I can talk about it with you,” I finally decided on.

“Why not? You can trust me.”

Letting out another sigh, I replied. “Have you ever had a secret, or something that you wanted to tell someone but you couldn’t because you know they would judge you and never look at you the same way?”

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gavin nod his head. I was just about to spill everything to him, every last detail when a car horn rang through the air. For some reason, I thought it might be Nathan already returned, but when I looked over to the parking lot, I spotted a little red mustang.

“Who’s that?” I asked Gavin.

He shrugged his shoulders and we both stood up and wiped the grass from our clothes. “Let’s go find out.”

Silently agreeing with Gavin’s words, I followed him towards the rock path that lead up to the main building and parking lot. We walked side by side, and I watched as Julie came out of the building to greet the young lady who had stepped out of her car. She was wearing a tight black dress that came down to her knees, large black sunglasses and a small red headband. Her shoulder length blonde hair was straightened perfectly, and as she removed her glasses, I could see how pretty she was.

“How have you been Caroline?” Julie asked unlatching herself from the friendly hug she greeted the young woman with.

The girl named Caroline must have been in her early twenties, she had that sort of young but professional look to her.

“Well pretty good actually, I just had to stop by and visit. Being away from your man for a while does things to you,” she said sweetly.

“So who do you think she is?” Asked Gavin, taking my attention away from the beautiful blonde.
I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to the car and regretfully, Gavin’s question was soon answered.

The main building door swung open and Owen stepped out. A large smile spread over his face when he spotted Caroline, and he quickly rushed over to her side. I didn’t expect what was going to happen next. Suddenly, she was in his arms and they were kissing.

So everyone, I know this is a short chapter, but I just wanted to give you a little something because it has been so long. Over thanksgiving break I will have plenty of time to type up a normal length good chapter. This was just to keep you all from forgetting. Sorry once again!