Risky Business

Hey everyone, sorry for last weeks long uploading time, I was busy, and it was homecoming week. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter, it was fun to write. :D Oh, and also, I kinda want to change this to romance, what do you think? Erkk, I always do this? Hahah…

VOTE:D

We walked in silence for a little while, the only sound made was our feet crunching down onto the forest floor. Soon enough, we came to a clearing that reached out to the lake. Well, more like a cliff. The water must have been tweny feet below, and even with my scary incident the other day I didn’t feel too uneasy. The moonlight stretched across the dark water, illuminating the sky and surface.

It was a beautiful night, and of course; I was here with a beautiful guy. Or man. Owen was older than me. And even though there was an age difference, I could still act like a teenager around him.

“It’s cool isn’t it?” he finally asked stepping out and sitting down on a rock.

I followed and sat down right next to him swinging my feet over the side of the little cliff. “Yeah, beautiful.”

He laughed. “Maybe you should sit back more, I don’t want another recap of what happened yesterday.”

I rolled my eyes and turned to face him. “Don’t worry, that will not happen again.”

Turning away from Owen’s gorgeous eyes I looked back over the lake. The water seemed to temp me for some reason. It was at such a calm and peaceful state, all I could think of was splashing in and causing the tiniest ripple or wave. It’s like when you open a new jar of peanut butter and you just have to make some sort of mark in the smooth surface.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Owen turn to face me with a smile on his face. There was no way, but maybe he was thinking the same thing…

“That water looks very very..”

“Refreshing,” I finished his sentence immediately, a little twinkle in my eye.

We both looked at each other before hopping up and practically ripping off our clothes. Over the past couple of days I had learned to wear a swim suit under everything at all times, and at this moment my strapless black bikini was a great idea.

Owen was done first, and he stood looking out at the water in just boxers. As soon as I tore my eyes away from his amazing body I was able to pull my sundress over my head. “Maybe we should go down a little further, find an area closed to the water. It looks a little high up here.”

Although I sounded like a total chicken, a fall from this high into the water could potentially hurt.

“What is it you young people say? Uhm, yolo?”

Without another word he sprang into the air and launched himself over the edge. I watched in horror as gravity pulled his body towards the blackness right before it swallowed him up with a splash. Ripples and waves of water spread through the once calm surface, and I watched as the traveled so far out until I couldn’t see any longer.

Remembering the crazy cook who had just jumped in, I searched for any sigh of him. Three seconds passed before his head bobbed out of the water. I sighed a breath of relief as he looked up at me.

“Come in you little chicken!”

I was about to give him a snide remark when I remember something he had said. Was it yolo? Had he really said yolo?